What is the worst mistake you ever made?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: What is the worst mistake you ever made?
By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 09:59 pm: Edit

I'll start it off, killing my stepmom.

Just kidding! I can't think of one right now.

By Twinkletoes696 (Twinkletoes696) on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 01:51 am: Edit

None, I have no regrets. I make a lot of mistakes, but I learn from them, so I've become more mature as a result. There are some things I wish I did (like realizing the importance of meeting my full potential sooner, or pursuing a relationship with more heart) but I don't exactly consider them to be horrendous regrets because it's horrible to look back on the past and always want to change something. You can't, so why spend time dwelling on it? Since I've never done anything heinous to REALLY regret, I move on and try to live the days ahead of me fully and right.

By Gianscolere (Gianscolere) on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 08:38 am: Edit

the worst mistake i ever made was probably transferring to a really hard prep school and making only a B average whereas i could've maintained my number one class ranking at my hometown high school. now, i have about zero chance at the top colleges (harsh reality). that's a bad mistake, yes, but i don't regret it because i've grown so much this year because of it. at least i got to taste boarding school life, and if i ever long for it again, i can always go out-of-state for a summer program. i'll go home with an entirely different perspective about life, and since i don't care about top colleges anymore, i'm finally free to do more of the things i truly care about.

By Gianscolere (Gianscolere) on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 08:39 am: Edit

but of course, i'll still apply to UChicago for kicks (i've been in love with the school for three years now)

By Nmoreno1 (Nmoreno1) on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 07:05 pm: Edit

Liking girls.

By Flipflops (Flipflops) on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 09:51 pm: Edit

Discovering how boys think.... ;)
Thanks allot, Nmoreno1.
Lol!

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 09:55 pm: Edit

Maybe Nmoreno1 isn't a guy... now it gets interesting...

By Salamanda (Salamanda) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 01:40 pm: Edit

lol...or maybe he WAS a guy...

By Chapter322 (Chapter322) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 02:30 pm: Edit

Calling my mom too early to pick me up from the Sunrise party in the 11th grade. I know, I'm lame, but I wasn't allowed to drive, so I went to the Sunrise party w/a friend. (Sunrise is the biggest house party ever imaginable. It happens after the juniors get their class rings. One junior with the biggest house has it every year. Students from all five schools in the parish attend, even people from out of town. It's a huge tradition.)

But anyway, my friend couldn't drive me home at like 5 in the morning(Sunrise ends when the sun rises and it's on a school night, everyone has to go to school the next day drunk and tired. The teachers don't mind, they've done it too. It's tradition.) Well anyway, so my mother came to the party around 2 a.m. and told the security she was looking for me, they told the DJ, who then announced over the speaker system to over 2000 highschoolers, "Chaz Sargent, your mother is waiting for you in the parking area!"

The worst/best part is that I had left the party and was down the street at my friend's house. So, the DJ continued to announce this over and over w/o me even being there. I didn't find out until the next day at school when someone was trying to explain to me why everyone was looking at me strangely. I couldn't believe it. I was the most popular kid in the entire parish for like two weeks. Luckily, they were laughing at the situation more than me. I will never feel more humiliated in my life, so I'm not even worried about college. (I should have used this for my Princeton essay, oh well.)

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 02:58 pm: Edit

Introducing my friend to my boyfriend
yea they are kinda going out now
backstabbers
grr

By Korey (Korey) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 04:31 pm: Edit

When I started caring about what other people think...That was a biiiiiig mistake...

By Darkemperor007 (Darkemperor007) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 04:40 pm: Edit

Tranfering from a really good school with my friends, to a terrible school in another state with no one. Oh well, life has its ups and downs. ^_^

By Kiwee (Kiwee) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 05:33 pm: Edit

Dwelling on mistakes is pointless. Stop this depressing behavior and go do somethign worthwhile with your life!

Just kidding, but honestly, dwelling on your mistakes is no fun.

By Jenlikewhoa (Jenlikewhoa) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 06:51 pm: Edit

signing up for college confidential.
I will never leave this site. haha.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page