Driving with parents

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Driving with parents
By Impatheticiknow (Impatheticiknow) on Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 05:39 pm: Edit

Who hates driving with their parents in the car? (I am about to have my dad teach me the art of highway driving).

By Kwtortoise (Kwtortoise) on Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 06:32 pm: Edit

I don't.

By Allena (Allena) on Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 07:24 pm: Edit

It has never really bothered me that much.

By Baggins (Baggins) on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 12:29 am: Edit

My mom used to squeeze the arm rest and my dad used to scream at me for every little thing. Now that I have my license they don't do that anymore.

By Noodleman (Noodleman) on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 08:28 am: Edit

I'm 35, married with a kid, and I STILL hate driving with my dad!

(He's the guy who does 55 in the passing lane and feels smug about it. You've seen him.)

By Morgantruce (Morgantruce) on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 10:16 am: Edit

I'd really love to have my dad in the car with me while I'm driving... but he died many years ago.

By Emeraldkity4 (Emeraldkity4) on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 10:39 am: Edit

I never had driven w/dad, he died when I was 17 but I have driven with my mom and she doesn't really bother me. My husband however, prefers that I cut in and out of traffic the way he would just incase it could get me there 45 seconds faster, so he is a little irritating muttering under his breath at the other drivers.
I am awful for my daughter to drive with, she doesn't brake until tommorow, and so I have many strokes until she does.
I have solved it by not driving with her, she is practicing with her grandma instead who is on heavy medication and doesn't care about those things

By Noodleman (Noodleman) on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 11:33 am: Edit

Morgantruce: I hear you. I feel the same way about my mom. I'd give the world for her to be here to take a spin in the ol' honda with me. I miss her a lot...

By Morgantruce (Morgantruce) on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 03:04 pm: Edit

The point of my last post was to try and get people to think about the larger picture. Sure, many dads are a PITA to have as a passenger, but take another look over there and realize that some day EITHER one of you might be grasping for the memory of this ride.

Off topic... but my favorite kind of picture is of a person standing along side their car. In just a few short years, people will look at that picture and say, "Wow, look at that Toyota! I think that was a 2004---yeah... see the grill?" Most of us are clueless when it comes to snapping a picture of someone. You won't go wrong if you pose them with a car! Every family album has a picture or two of an uncle and his '34 Ford. One thing is for certain: back in 1934 your uncle had no idea how cool he would be 70 years later!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page