It's the little things

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: It's the little things
By Gianscolere (Gianscolere) on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 10:17 pm: Edit

It's the little things that can make school more enjoyable for us...so find something to be excited about as you move through the final weeks of school.

here are only some of the things i plan to do from now until summer vacation (june 2nd at noon)

-wear mismatched shoes for a day
-animal rights advocacy (no meat one day each week)
-i'll go to school in pajamas one of these days (because i think it's allowed at my school)
-i'll act like my total opposite for a day and see if people even notice
-i won't wear my eyeglasses for a day (this can be a bad idea but that's what can make it fun)
-i'll find someone whom i'm never talked to before and try to make friends
-i won't speak for a day except when in class
-i'll devote a day to get in touch with my friends overseas and back in chicago...write them letters sent via snail mail instead of email
-i'll read the boston globe and wall street journal from cover to cover on top of the ny times which i read on a daily basis
-one day i'll try to make use of my art talent by going to the art center to see what i can do there (haven't drawn in a long time)
-i'll salute to the drivers the next time i cross the street (which is frequent since milton's campus is divided by a common street)
-i'll be extra nice to people for a day
-do something for the good of the student body...it can be something as simple as posting, at a prominent spot in school, a motivational quote that you strongly believe in. if they're like me, the quote would be enough to brighten up their day at least by a little

By Baggins (Baggins) on Saturday, May 15, 2004 - 10:34 am: Edit

There is a girl at my school that people are suprised to see in normal clothes because she just shows up in pajamas everyday. The funny thing about it is that my school has a no pajamas policy and she has never gotten in trouble for it

By Kad (Kad) on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 10:28 pm: Edit

Offensive post deleted. Poster banned.

By Exeunt (Exeunt) on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 10:40 pm: Edit

Kad, I like you.

By Fizzuhcist (Fizzuhcist) on Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 07:59 pm: Edit

Sure, the little things might be fun and easy but you're selling yourself short here. Go big or go home.

By Jenesaispas (Jenesaispas) on Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 11:34 pm: Edit

Yeah, that's right.
ANIMAL RIGHTS ADVOCACY MUST BE all or NOTHING. None of this 1/7 of your life...

Those poor animals deserve to live better lives!

By Eyesclozedtight (Eyesclozedtight) on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 12:05 am: Edit

man you get out the 2nd?! i've got all the way until the 17th!!!

By Platinumtlc (Platinumtlc) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 09:56 pm: Edit

WHat are you complaining about?!!? I get out the 18th!!!!
UGH

But tomorrow is my last FULL day! The rest of the week and the entire next week the schedules are shortened different each day! I am exempt from my first exam so I get to sleep in late Thursday, and on Friday my lunch period's exam is the afternoon so I get to LEAVE EARLY FRIDAY!

Then next week all hell breaks loose when I must tackle all the hard exams. UGH.

By Somecanadianguy (Somecanadianguy) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 10:09 pm: Edit

i hate all of you, i have exams all the way till the 21st and need to get my report card on the 24th, i still have to get through 3 exams, 2 tests and a culminating activity - im so happy

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page