What is the origin of your user name?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: What is the origin of your user name?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Just for Fun: What's in a name?  101   06/06 01:29pm

By Oceanblue52 (Oceanblue52) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 02:44 pm: Edit

There are some people on this board that have some really creative user names. Some are obvious, like UPennO4 or IluvNYU but I wonder about some of the others. What I want to know is...

What are the origins?

and

What is the history? Do you use it for other forums??

I'm just curious :)

By H0neymoon (H0neymoon) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 02:45 pm: Edit

I was conceived on my parent's honeymoon.

By Oceanblue52 (Oceanblue52) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 02:48 pm: Edit

Ok. Here's mine.

My username originated in 7th grade when I was creating my very first email account, under Hotmail. I used to be rather natureish and liked the rhythmic harmony of oceanblue52. My sister actually came up with it. I've done a few variations with the number since then on my email and AIM.

I also recently created a new username for my livejournal and my email. Want to shake things up a bit before starting my new college life :)

Oh! and I also meant to put this in the Highschool thread. Sorry!

By Perintastic (Perintastic) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 02:55 pm: Edit

my name is perin, and i am fantastic. :D

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 02:57 pm: Edit

Astrological sign + goddess of wisdom, guardian of Odysseus - tricksters and pranksters were they both - and law-giver to the Greeks in the Orestia.

Have a nearly never-used SN as the same.

By Britbrat8604 (Britbrat8604) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 03:03 pm: Edit

well. my name is brittany, my old best friend used to call me "britbrat" i was born in 1986 and shall graduate in 2004. its also my AIM screen name.

my email address is bizarre though...ive had it for 6 years now, but cant seem to make a new one stick. i really liked the name "dana" i was still missing my old state, oklahoma (ok) and my favorite numer was/is 12...thus "danaok12"

for my live journal, and my other screen name and name i use for other things, i have "swurfer" or "swurfergirlie" because i surf and swim.....after being on the swim team, one of my sisters friends would always be like "hey swimmer" but then when i made the surf team, she started saying hey "swurfer".

yeah

By Winterfresh (Winterfresh) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 03:55 pm: Edit

Winterfresh is one of my favorite gum brands! I was also tired of the trying-to-be-cute-but-sound-stupid names like cutiegurl or something :)

By Jandaportrait (Jandaportrait) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 04:00 pm: Edit

janda -> the author of my government textbook
portrait -> i draw.

By Crnchycereal (Crnchycereal) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 04:02 pm: Edit

I was registering with PlaySite.com one day so I could get in on some online chess. Looking around the room for a source of inspiration, I noticed a box of cereal on top of the fridge. I tried using the full "CrunchyCereal", but the site wouldn't let me use that many letters, so I just went with "CrnchyCereal". The name stuck after that.

By Excusememixed (Excusememixed) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 04:35 pm: Edit

It's a variation of the Jay-Z song "Excuse Me Miss", but since I'm mixed (black & filipino), I decided to use "ExcuseMeMixed."

By Sonrisa (Sonrisa) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 05:39 pm: Edit

sonrisa = smile in spanish. I'm usually a pretty content person and I love the spanish language!

By Mayermatthews (Mayermatthews) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 05:45 pm: Edit

I <3... John Mayer & Dave Matthews = mayermatthews

By Ozmaweez7 (Ozmaweez7) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 05:52 pm: Edit

Ozma
Weezer

7 - my favorite song on each of their first albums is the seventh song on them (ozma - baseball, weezer - say it aint so)

By Seleucus26 (Seleucus26) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 06:44 pm: Edit

Seleucus, Nicator - Ancient Greek general under Alexander the Great. From all the hours i played Civilization II

26 - my lucky number

its my AIM sn and most other things

By Eyesclozedtight (Eyesclozedtight) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 07:46 pm: Edit

mine originated from a song by this band called "mae" which was formerly called "sky's the limit." they sing a song i like called "skyline drive," and a line in it says "eyes closed tight..." anyways, i really liked that part and tried to make it my screen name. unfortunately i had to replace the S with a Z. no biggie. i use this name for every message board i'm on i believe.

i've also seen both ozma and weezer live, ozmaweez7!

By Goofygolfer (Goofygolfer) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 08:03 pm: Edit

I skateboard goofy (right foot in front), and I'm a golfer.

By Jason817 (Jason817) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 08:38 pm: Edit

mine is way too complicated to explain.

By Quack87 (Quack87) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 08:45 pm: Edit

i was born in 1987 and i like ducks.

j/k about the ducks. i thought it was funny because it was a meaningless sound, and i'm using it on a message board. yea...that's it.

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 10:04 pm: Edit

the emperor's new groove. nuff said.

By Koopatroopa (Koopatroopa) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 10:30 pm: Edit

If you really need to ask, you deserve a swift slap in the face.

By Princess_Banana (Princess_Banana) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 10:53 pm: Edit

My father is king of the bananas, logically that would make me the princess.

By Purgeofdoors (Purgeofdoors) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 10:53 pm: Edit

Muahahaha!

By Sackings100 (Sackings100) on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 11:42 pm: Edit

I live in sacramento and I love the KINGS!!
And they should win the playoffs this year.
ohh and i like the # 100 ..pretty random though

By Becks777 (Becks777) on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 12:05 am: Edit

MY favourite sports star david BECKHAM

By Acennace (Acennace) on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 05:26 am: Edit

I love the ACE in the playing card and NN is the initial of my first and last name. So, ACE-NN-ACE...
I've used this name for all the accounts that I've made...

By Insanity (Insanity) on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 03:57 pm: Edit

Um, well I'm just fairly insane. (Not really)

By Atpchik (Atpchik) on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 06:07 pm: Edit

ATP=Adenosine Triphosphate

I like biology and I am POWERFUL :)

chik--my cheesy way of being a girl

By Foo26zer (Foo26zer) on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 06:24 pm: Edit

Foozer: Combination of fool and loser
The word came about in an attempt to make up a group name, and as far as why the use of fool and loser-I used to call my friend a loser and she used to call me a fool...Yes, we're strange people, especially since we use 'hate' as a term of endearment...
26: Birthdate/favorite number

By Slayer (Slayer) on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 10:51 pm: Edit

slayer likeee from buffy the vampire slayer:) MY HERO!

By Hakujin (Hakujin) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 05:13 am: Edit

I live in Japan right now and Hakujin means White Person. I don't think it's a very proper thing to say, but Japanese people say it a lot, thinking that maybe I don't understand... but I do :)

By Usunkmyb_Ship (Usunkmyb_Ship) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 12:45 pm: Edit

had to keep it navy style ;)

By Songman (Songman) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 02:09 pm: Edit

SONGMAN- I used to write jingles for a living. Then later played in bands and wrote songs. Now I manage money for a living and still write songs for fun........

By Demingy (Demingy) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 02:49 pm: Edit

Yeah, ummmm....not too much thought here, just my last name first initial. It's my user name in a few other places, but I usually have to mix it up because of all the sites that want user names that are a minimum of seven or eight letters (yep, I've come across more than you'd think) or for some odd reason my user name has already been used.

But with that then I usually just use my first name last initial (gives me exactly eight) except on LJ where it is just too complicated to get into here. That's probably the only user name I have that's creative.

By Willywonka (Willywonka) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 05:34 pm: Edit

Well, I stole none other than the name of the single greatest Roald Dahl character ever. I have to admit, though, that I like Willy Wonka related things mostly because of the fantastic movie.

Whoo!

By Kubakloth (Kubakloth) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 07:19 pm: Edit

For several years in the 1990's I lived and traveled in West and Central Africa; while there I began collecting pieces of embroidered fabric (cloth = kloth) made by the Kuba people of South Central Congo.

By Lkcrhcp (Lkcrhcp) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 08:57 pm: Edit

lkc are my initials, and rhcp is for the greatest band ever Red Hot Chili Peppers, oh and ozmaweez7, say it ain't so is one of the greatest songs ever written!

By Stonedpanda (Stonedpanda) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 11:58 pm: Edit

Well, one time I turned into a Panda and got stoned (in that order specifically).

By Mac87 (Mac87) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 10:00 pm: Edit

my initials and my nickname, the year i was born

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page