So what can I get?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Financial Aid and Scholarships: April - August 2003 Archive: So what can I get?
By Nautical_2000 (Nautical_2000) on Sunday, April 13, 2003 - 11:57 pm: Edit

I'll most likely graduate as valedictorian (from an impressive school), my GPA will be highest possible, I have a decent amount of extracurriculars, no sports, and my SAT/ACT scores would probably be within the 80-85% percentile (not all that great).

My choice school is USC or possible Berkeley or any of the UC schools. Is it practical to expect a full tuition scholarship from a UC university or is that just wishful thinking and should I aim lower?

By Valley_Girl (Valley_Girl) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 01:35 am: Edit

first of all, why would you settle for USC? well, that's beside the point. many schools do give academic scholarships. private colleges usually give hefty ones at that. i have a 3.4 gpa and i got $13,000 from whittier and $17,000 from university of dallas.

always prepare for the worse so do your gpa verification, fafsa, and some outside scholarships. it won't hurt to try

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page