Can I get financial AID (anyone in my cirumstances?)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Financial Aid and Scholarships: May 2004 - Archive: Can I get financial AID (anyone in my cirumstances?)
By Bluebaron1616 (Bluebaron1616) on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 10:45 am: Edit

I am a Canadian currently living in the US, attending a US high school. I am also a rising Senior.

I'm not a perm resident, though I am applying for one right now. I haven't gotten my 485 yet so I can't really say my residency is pending...

Now here are the problems. Many schools that i'm looking at (Penn state, CMU, UMICH) are saying that they don't offer financial aid to int'l students, which is defined as those without citizenship or a green card. If I want to apply, I will first prove that I have to pay all of it.

What should I do (i really don't want to get a loan, so much debt and hassel)? Can I apply as a perm residnent? Since by the time i go, I'm pretty sure I'll get my 485 and have a pending residency, and then I'll be eligible for aid.

Or can I apply and change status later on, while giving them a heads up in the process?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page