Evans Scholarship chances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Financial Aid and Scholarships: May 2004 - Archive: Evans Scholarship chances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Pezza0 (Pezza0) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 01:58 am: Edit

I live in Illinois- I am going to apply for the Evans Scholarship this year. I would like to know my rough chances of getting it ( I know it depends on mannny things but please read)

My GPA is a 3.4 (no class rank, phew)
SAT 1370
ACT 32

I hope to get it to Illinois first but also to Wisconsin or Purdue if not Illinois

The problem is my caddy record for this year.... truely i have just not had time to go, Football has eaten up my whole schedule so i have only been out a few times, i do work the shack/bag room a couple times a week though ( light work on my days off from football)... The previous years i had been out many times but we got a new coach thsi year and our summers are now his. We work on a points system and i do get points for working the shack so i will still have a repectable points total but possibly less than 10 loops all year! Will this kill me or does it not really matter?

Another thing i have noticed is that ALOT of people i know have gotten it. A couple years ago when i first heard of the Evans, i was under the impression that it was super-rare and i wouldnt have a chance in hell to get it, but now after seeing some of the people that have gotten it, I think i might almost be a lock! Whats the deal!?

Any other Evans info would be great too.

By Pezza0 (Pezza0) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 08:10 pm: Edit

caddyshack!

By Pezza0 (Pezza0) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 05:13 pm: Edit

shizak

By Pezza0 (Pezza0) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 12:11 pm: Edit

shack mow dack?

By Drusba (Drusba) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 04:48 pm: Edit

"The problem is my caddy record for this year.... truely i have just not had time to go ... i do work the shack/bag room a couple times a week though... We work on a points system and i do get points for working the shack so i will still have a repectable points total but possibly less than 10 loops all year! Will this kill me or does it not really matter?"

It will possibly kill you. You really need the recommendation of your golf club (from the caddy master and two members) for the scholarship and not working everyday as a caddy at a club can be the death knell for getting such a recommendation.

By Pezza0 (Pezza0) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 01:02 am: Edit

yikes pos!

By Pezza0 (Pezza0) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 11:09 pm: Edit

yikes mow bikes?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page