Educational Communications (Who's Who) Scholarship

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Financial Aid and Scholarships: May 2004 - Archive: Educational Communications (Who's Who) Scholarship
By Libroschico (Libroschico) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 01:47 am: Edit

Has anyone gotten a semifinalist letter from the Who's Who/Educational Communications scholarship yet? They were supposed to go out on June 15.

I got one last year via e-mail, didn't get the scholarship, reapplied this year, and haven't heard anything yet. Strange.

By Ako86 (Ako86) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 01:26 pm: Edit

I received an email today that I won 5K

edit: semifinalist notification went out a few months ago

By Mazzinator333 (Mazzinator333) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 03:20 pm: Edit

Ako 86-
How is it possible that you received semifinalist notification a few months ago? The closing date for the scholarship itself was May 15th, about a month ago.

Also, they said that winners will be chosen by August, and will be required to verify financial information, as well as mail in a transcript.

Are you sure you are talking about the same scholarship?

Libroschico, I haven't heard anything yet either, but I mailed mine in over a month ago, and my check has yet to be cashed.

Hopefully we hear soon.

Until then.

By Mazzinator333 (Mazzinator333) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 03:25 pm: Edit

Libro-
Just checked the Whos Who website, it doesn't say that semifinalists will be notified by June 15th. It just says that winners will be notified by August 5th, and that semifinalists will be sent another application, requesting more info.

BUT, it doesn't give a date as to when this second application will be sent out, but I cannot imagine it would be June 15th, as they JUST received applications on May 15th, processed them, and have to get them to the scholarship committee. I'm guessing beginning of July is when we will hear about semifinalist status, but I would try calling them.

I might do so on Monday, if I can remember.

By Ako86 (Ako86) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 03:27 pm: Edit

Mazzinator333,

It might have been from the scholarship form from last year. Sorry. Anyway, I received a semi-finalist letter in early April and notification today that I was a winner.

And yes, it was the Who's Who scholarship from Educational Communications.

By Collegebound123 (Collegebound123) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 11:02 am: Edit

Mazzinator, did you receive any more information (calling them)?

By Collegebound123 (Collegebound123) on Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 01:42 am: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page