FAFSA Question - Why does my EFC keep changing?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Financial Aid and Scholarships: May 2004 - Archive: FAFSA Question - Why does my EFC keep changing?
By Uva123 (Uva123) on Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 08:55 am: Edit

I submitted my FAFSA originally in early Feb. to meet deadline for my school. Since, I have not done anything to it. But this is the second time that I have recieved a FAFSA Correction e-mail. I haven't made any corrections, is this something that my school is doing? Originally my EFC was 1125 on 2/20, then 53 on 4/23, and now 68 on 5/19. Will my financial aid package reflect this change? My college has agreed to meet 100% of my need in grants/no loans. I would just like an explanation of this and wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

By Emeraldkity4 (Emeraldkity4) on Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 11:36 am: Edit

YOur school can correct your information, and you should be able to see what they are changing online or just call and ask them. It sounds that perhaps there were some errors in calculation and they are fixing them in your favor.
Since your school meets 100% of need this lowering of EFC will be reflected in additional money in finaid package

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page