My Chances of Financial Aid to Study Law

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Financial Aid and Scholarships: May 2004 - Archive: My Chances of Financial Aid to Study Law
By Pdoran (Pdoran) on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 04:14 am: Edit

I am am English Student, and my fathers wage is the equivilent of $40,000 a year. I appreciate there are many other factors, but what would my rough chnaces be? I would presume that would be a lot less than others at the unis I am considering: Columbia, Cornell, etc...

Thx,

Paul

By Pdoran (Pdoran) on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 04:00 am: Edit

Can no-one halp?

By Drusba (Drusba) on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 09:03 am: Edit

Are you already a college graduate trying to go to law school or are you talking about coming to the US for college to get an undergraduate degree? Be aware that in the US, you do not study law at the undergraduate level. Law schools are graduate schools that you attend after you graduate college. Law schools, unlike at the college level, do not provide that much in financial aid -- you can get loans, possibly a partial scholarship if you are a top student. At the college level, there is an abundance of financial aid available for US citizens but majority of schools provide little or none to internationals -- I cannot tell for sure whether you are saying you are from England but if you are the ability to get fiancial aid is not good. There are many exceptions, particularly a number of your elite schools like ivies and others that do provide financial aid to internationals at the undergrad college level.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page