Money for college could be in jeopardy. Help

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Financial Aid and Scholarships: April - August 2003 Archive: Money for college could be in jeopardy. Help
By Adamg (Adamg) on Friday, June 20, 2003 - 06:48 pm: Edit

Well, I donít know how to start this off because it is kind of personal, but basically it is looking like my fatherís job is in jeopardy at the end of the year. He is head of training at a chemical company that wonít be hiring anymore and has a BS in chemical engineering. They plan on outsourcing training to 3rd party companies. That being said I have graduated from high school and am signed up to go to Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology to major in electrical engineering. I have about $18k of the $38k bill paid for in scholarships and aid with another $5k in loans. I plan on going on to graduate school so loans are not a good answer. My mom has been trying to find a job to help pay, but she hasnít been in the work force since my brother was born. I have a full scholarship to any school in my home state of Alabama from the Alabama Science Talent Search competition. What are my options in this situation? I didn't apply to any schools in the state; should I look into it?

By O71394658 (O71394658) on Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 10:34 pm: Edit

Well, if you tell the colleges this, they might take this in light when awarding financial aid packages (and if the situation does/doesn't change, you can notify them as well, and they will adjust accordingly).

But, there are several progarams where your college is paid for if you agree to work for the poeple for a number of years (ROTC, NIH).

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page