Physics dilemma!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: Physics dilemma!
By Shjanama77 (Shjanama77) on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 03:59 pm: Edit

here's what the harvard website says about the ideal high school preparatory courses:

There is no single academic path we expect all students to follow, but the strongest applicants take the most rigorous secondary school curricula available to them. An ideal four-year preparatory program includes four years of English, with extensive practice in writing; four years of math; four years of science: biology, chemistry, physics, and an advanced course in one of these subjects;...

my question is mainly regarding the last bit about the sciences..i'm going to be a senior and have enrolled in bio ap and phy honors...(at my school they don't let you take both aps together)...the problem is that i've gotten the worst teacher in the school for physics...and i know if i take the class i'm going to be really frustrated the whole year because i won't learn anything...should i still go ahead and take it just so i get the credit?...if i decide to drop it..i will take psych. ap.!!..is there any harvard student out there who didn't take one of the three sciences in high school?..will not taking physics really hurt my chances at admission?
please help...i don't have very long to decide!

By Jab93 (Jab93) on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 06:51 pm: Edit

Shjanama77...

There are plenty of Harvard students who never took Physics... just make sure you have at least 3 years of science... and if you have an A.P. in there somewhere, even better... but no, Physics is NOT a requirement.

By Shjanama77 (Shjanama77) on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 01:34 pm: Edit

i see...thanks jab93..any one else have similar thoughts?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page