Room Size?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: Room Size?
By Glockenspeil (Glockenspeil) on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 03:13 pm: Edit

Could any student give me the approximate dimensions of a single in Canaday? Thanks!

By Psedrish_Md (Psedrish_Md) on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 04:15 pm: Edit

Small: I'm gonna guess the dimensions of the bedrooms are no more than 8' x 12' (it really might be more like 10' by 7').
There's a decent closet in each (bring hangers!), a dresser and mirror, a desk and chair and a x-long twin (single) bed. If you have the double, the beds must be stacked (bunks). It's small but do-able.

By Glockenspeil (Glockenspeil) on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 04:28 pm: Edit

Actually, I am positive I don't have a double because the info I got in the mail listed no room mates. I would assume that my single would be slightly larger than the singles that are attatched to a common room. Is this a valid assumption?

By Psedrish_Md (Psedrish_Md) on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 07:31 pm: Edit

Quite tiny, almost the same size as a suite's bedroom. Therefore make friends with your suite neighbors!

By Chasgoose (Chasgoose) on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 12:08 pm: Edit

I stayed with a friend in a Canaday single when I visited Harvard and it was tiny. I basically took up all the floorspace that was not taken up by his desk, bed, and bookcase.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page