|By Perfectdark9 (Perfectdark9) on Monday, August 02, 2004 - 02:42 am: Edit|
I'm looking to get into MIT, Harvard or JHU. What are your thoughts?
GCE O’ Level Examination; Obtained 9 A’s along with the following distinctions:
• Best 9 A’s in Pakistan
• Best Overall Candidate from Aitchison College, 2003
• Best Candidate in Pakistan Studies in Aitchison College, 2003
Currently doing A’ Levels; Obtained 4 straight A’s in first year A’ Levels Final Examination (internal)
Other Honours: Stood first in 5th, 7th and 9th grade in class batches ranging from 200-250.
• SAT: Reasoning Test 1470
• SAT: Subject Tests
1. Chemistry 800/800
2. Physics 790/800
3. Maths 1C 790/800
1. 1st position in the English Essay Writing Competition, in school, 2001
2. Represented school in interschool mathematics competition; team was declared the BEST OVERALL TEAM.
3. 2nd position in the Urdu Essay Writing Competition, in school, 2001
4. Worked for a 3-month period with Shalimar School for Hearing Impaired Children, Lahore, Pakistan.
5. Organized, planned and implemented a thorough multiple-visit tour of the Lahore Zoo, as part of the project of Nature Club of Aitchison College.
6. Awarded 1st position in English Handwriting by the Babar Ali Foundation, a national annual competition.
7. 3rd position in English Handwriting Competition, in school, 2003
8. Represented the school as part of a 5-member team in the South Asia High School Student Programme, held in Japan from 1- 10 December 2003.
9. Editor of College Magazine, Aitchisonian English 2004.
10. Honorary member of MENSA, an IQ-based society, securing 99%ile.
11. Founder of the Poetry Club in Aitchison College.
12. 2nd position in English Essay Writing Competition in Westminster College, another school.
13. 1st position in English Essay Writing Competition at Institute of Management Sciences (IMS), another college.
14. Poetry book in the process of being published by Jang Publishers, a national publisher
15. Taught two students O'Levels Biology from scratch, covering a course of 36 months in 9, without any assistance from a teacher. One got an A, the other got a C
16. Summer internship with the regional director of Trade Information Network, a subsidiary of UN
17. Took introductory French classes this summer, so that now I'm a trilingual
|By Perfectdark9 (Perfectdark9) on Monday, August 02, 2004 - 05:09 am: Edit|
HELP please! ... any advice, info will suffice
|By Monoe (Monoe) on Monday, August 02, 2004 - 09:28 am: Edit|
Just a hint - CC'ers hate it when people post the same topic in various school forums, in "What Are My Chances?", in "College Admissions."
Make your posts specific, then maybe you'll get an answer.
Report an offensive message on this page E-mail this page to a friend
|Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.|
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|