Pre-law & law school

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: Pre-law & law school
By Hdotchar (Hdotchar) on Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 09:55 pm: Edit

i currently do not attend harvard, but i do know that harvard has the best law school in the nation. i am a mechanical engineering major interested in patent & intellectual property law and realize that simply majoring in engineering will probably cause my gpa to be lower than someone who has majored in something else easier. i know that med schools look heavily at GPA and MCAT scores and it is my suspiscion that law schools are probably same (looking at GPA and LSAT). i am trying to accomodate as many LAS type classes at the same time as possible, as i am very interested in political science, philosophy, etc... will law schools look more heavily towards these types of classes' GPA than my science/math/engy classes?

any type of advice would be greatly appreciated.

By Deerhunter (Deerhunter) on Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 10:51 pm: Edit

Lol. BS! I answered your post on Columbia's board...in that post you referred to Columbia as the best law school in the nation!

Ridiculous!

You'd make a fine lawyer ;-)

By Bradbricks (Bradbricks) on Monday, August 02, 2004 - 10:29 am: Edit

I saw the same post at Yale!!! LOL

By Hdotchar (Hdotchar) on Monday, August 02, 2004 - 06:56 pm: Edit

yeah i know. i did the copy and paste thing for yale, harvard, columbia, northwestern and uchicago. i wanted to increase the audience i guess. i forgot to blot out 'best law school', as i realize that columbia has the 3rd best law school in the nation (as of current).

By Serdu (Serdu) on Monday, August 02, 2004 - 07:30 pm: Edit

I'm prolly concentrating in History of Art and applying to Law School. I think that as long as you have a solid GPA and your LSATs are higher, you'll be fine. I would think they look for diversity in majors/concentrations for incoming law school classes.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page