Do you think that Harvard deserve to be #1

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: Do you think that Harvard deserve to be #1
By Missmolly (Missmolly) on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 07:17 pm: Edit

I realize that Harvard accepts incredible students, but do you think that the undergraduate program is tops??? According to www.studentsreview.com some Harvard undergrads think that Harvard's undergrad reputation is overrated. Any insights???

By Hstudent (Hstudent) on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 09:34 pm: Edit

ha, anyone who trusts advice and insights from studentreview.com.......isnt really doing their homework

By Missmolly (Missmolly) on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 10:02 pm: Edit

Hstudent or Harvard student,

What do you think about Harvard???

By Hstudent (Hstudent) on Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 04:45 pm: Edit

uh its great....

great academics, amazing peers, remarkable resources and profs, fantastic city....

great place, gets a bad rap from ppl who are jelous or who jsut like to pass along hearsay

fantastic place to spend 4 (or more) years

By Stargal (Stargal) on Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 02:39 pm: Edit

it's not for everyone. Like any other school, Harvard has a "personality" and if your personality doesn't fit Harvard's your not gonna like it no matter how good it is. it seems overrated to some, but really good to others. it's a personality thing, not a jealousy thing

By Ubercollegeman (Ubercollegeman) on Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 07:26 pm: Edit

I stopped trusting the Harvard students review (and the site in general) when I noticed one little thing:

HARVARD's Surrounding City: B (6.6)
MIT's Surrounding City: A (9.2)

Are you kidding me? There are too many Harvard-haters.

By Willywonka (Willywonka) on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 05:20 pm: Edit

Well, if you mean #1 as in US News, then yes, it does. US News doesn't make the criteria up- each criterion is a calculated, factual number score, and if those are the rankings you're going by, it obviously has to deserve its top spot.

As far as a general ranking would go, I think that Harvard has the best of all the tangible elements of a college, and so if the intangible things- your personality- matches with that of Harvard's, it's almost certain that you'd have a "#1 experience."

By Chatterjoy87 (Chatterjoy87) on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 08:52 pm: Edit

Then what is the personality best suited for Harvard, Stargal?

By Kkay (Kkay) on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 02:16 pm: Edit

ubercollegeman: that's hilarious...and sad in a way *sigh*

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page