An excusable low AP score??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: An excusable low AP score??
By Leely888 (Leely888) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 05:05 pm: Edit

I did really well in the chemistry AP class but then my teacher had a baby and left us for like three month and we learned nothing. So I got a freakin 3 on that AP test. Should I report it? Would this be a good excuse? I mean I had so many other APs to take this year I did have that much time to study on my own

By Qwert271 (Qwert271) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 09:52 pm: Edit

You cant not report it. If you really want to, address the score in your app, but keep in mind that one score is not gonna do anything to your chances if it stands out from the other amazing scores like you describe.

By Hstudent (Hstudent) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 03:56 pm: Edit

uh dont report it

(says the admit with a 1,2,2,2,4,5)

By Leely888 (Leely888) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 04:18 pm: Edit

did you report yours Hstudent??

By Hstudent (Hstudent) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 04:24 pm: Edit

nope

well, the 4 i did (only decent one i had junior year)

By Sarasote (Sarasote) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 06:01 pm: Edit

...u cant just report 1 test, if u report 1 u report them all. its just like SAT and SAT 2s. when u report one, all SATs and SAT 2s u ever took are sent as well

By Philliesphan54 (Philliesphan54) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 06:44 pm: Edit

I had a problem with my english teacher. the whole year, we spent 2-3 days on poetry unit and we didn't have to write an essay on it. so basically i f***ed that part on the AP test and got a 3. but hopefully a 5 on US and 4 in stat make up for it

By Leely888 (Leely888) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 10:31 pm: Edit

Sarasote, yes you can, you pick anyone you want but you just have to pay the money to withhold each score from each college

By Blah1111 (Blah1111) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 02:52 am: Edit

Leely/Sarasote, the "report" for AP's isn't official like those for SAT I/II, as far as college admissions is concerned. College applications will have slots where you self-report your scores, so applicants are free select which to omit or input. I don't know of a college that will request that candidates submit official AP score reports before they're admitted.

By Hstudent (Hstudent) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 10:51 am: Edit

dont SEND the official report, obviously

nowhere do they ask for it, or even want it

they only want your AP report the summer before you enroll

dont waste money sending your scores to schools - list the ones you want on your app (be truthful)

By Variance173 (Variance173) on Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 02:37 am: Edit

Hstudent...just wondering, are you a URM, legacy, or recruited athlete?

also, did you get the 1's and 2's your junior or senior year?
thanks.

By Leely888 (Leely888) on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 01:40 pm: Edit

If you don't have to offfically report it, then how would they know that anyone is telling the truth?

By Hstudent (Hstudent) on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 04:41 pm: Edit

they trust u to tell the truth on that part -since they dont require AP scores on the app, they dont require you to verify them....

and you'll get screwed if u lied, get in, and report different scores later

to the previous poster - no, no, no

Junior year ap's: 2, 4

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page