MATH SAT II - IC or IIC

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: MATH SAT II - IC or IIC
By Fushia183 (Fushia183) on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 07:27 pm: Edit

i'm going to major in a humanities related subject when i get to college. however, i probably should take the math SAT II. i get A's in math, but it's not really my subject. would it be okay if i just took the math IC? or would this not be good.

did anyone with a great math IC score get into harvard?

By Ilovethe80s (Ilovethe80s) on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 04:52 am: Edit

math ic is fine

By Imac7477 (Imac7477) on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 11:02 am: Edit

If you have taken Precalc and got a good grade, then you have the background for Math IIC and should take that, because the curve is more generous.

By Fushia183 (Fushia183) on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 02:39 pm: Edit

i have taken precalc and did fine but often on math tests in general (especially on one that is so important) i freeze.

i guess i'm unclear whether math Ic is considered the "easy math" and therefore would be somewhat looked down upon. if not, that would be great, but i have taken the classes leading up to the math IIC and have gotten A's and A+'s so i don't know if it would look strange if i took the Ic even though i think that i will be more comfortable with it.

any comments on this? thanks, this is very helpful

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 02:42 pm: Edit

Take IIC, the curve is better. Yes, the IC is easier, but the curve is so bad that most people do better on the IIC than the IC.

By Fushia183 (Fushia183) on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 11:25 pm: Edit

bump

By Sunset_Yellow (Sunset_Yellow) on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 11:35 pm: Edit

Definitely take IIC, I took IC and canceled the score before it came out. Then I took IIC and got an 800. If you have an A in precal, you should definitely take IIc, you can get 5 wrong and still get an 800, whereas in IC, you get one wrong and it's a 790. Besides, IIC looks better anyways.

By Fushia183 (Fushia183) on Friday, July 16, 2004 - 12:11 am: Edit

okay thanks for your advice. i was afraid to take IIC but maybe with practice it will be okay!

By Entropicgirl (Entropicgirl) on Friday, July 16, 2004 - 10:52 am: Edit

Take practice tests and see how you do, THEN pick. IIc would probably be better, but if you honestly think you won't do well on it, then it's not the end of the world if you take Ic.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page