Another plain old Chances post...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: Another plain old Chances post...
By Albertfermat (Albertfermat) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 09:50 am: Edit

These are my sister's stats (she doesnt have a cc account and doesnt feel like making one)

1470, 800, 800, 790, great ECs, great recs, great essays, some national level awards, random stuff like taking classes at upenn and so on...

please rate her chances.
also tell her what she can do to improve her chances.

By Willywonka (Willywonka) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 03:30 pm: Edit

Not to be a jerk, but you have to realize that all of her test scores but the SAT I are near perfect and that the only thing you told us about her ECs, essays and recs is that they were "great," which leaves no way for anyone to actually interpret them. If you think all of those things are great and she has almost 3 800 SAT IIs, and the only thing she's lacking (if you can call a 1470 lacking) is an above average Harvard SAT I, can we really say anything?

If everything is as great as you say, she probably has a very good chance of getting in, however, it's never a guarantee for anyone.

By Mcz (Mcz) on Monday, August 02, 2004 - 05:29 pm: Edit

You are obviously being very prejudicial. How is anyone supposed to know what your sister has done? You want our opinions, but you think she is "great". If she is so “great”, you really don’t need our opinions. Is she going to put “...great ECs, great recs, great essays, some national level awards, random stuff like taking classes at upenn and so on...” on her college application? I hope she is a little more descriptive than you are. We do not know what classes she has taken, her GPA, or class rank, and we know nothing about her awards. "National" does not necessarily say a lot. To me, she is an obscure glob with good SAT II scores. If you want to know her chances, say A LOT more!

By Chs264 (Chs264) on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 07:29 pm: Edit

what is her class rank?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page