To be or not to be...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: To be or not to be...
By Smartgirl (Smartgirl) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 01:34 pm: Edit

expecting I would be accepted in Harvard? I am a rising junior, and I am not sure if I am on the right track to HYP.

GPA: 3.97 unweighted

I took honors sophomore math in my freshman year (A/A-) and honors junior math and honors biology in my sophomore year (A/A and A/A)

THIS YEAR
AP UNITED STATES HISTORY
HONORS ENGLISH 11
HONORS MATH ANAYLSIS
HONORS CHEMISTRY
CRAFTS
PRACTICAL LAW
SOCIOLOGY
LEADERSHIP

SENIOR YEAR-HOPEFULLY I WILL TAKE..
AP CALCULUS
AP ENGLISH 12
AP BIOLOGY
AP CHEMISTRY
HONORS PHYSICS
AP PSYCHOLOGY
GOVERNMENT

EC
Volleyball Camp
National Karate
Study Buddies (Mentoring the elementary kids)
Club Youth Extending Service
Honors Reading Program
Habitat for Humanity
Volunteered at the hospital for two months
In two weeks (July 16th), I will be attending the National Youth Leadership Forum on Medicine
I hope I will get in National Honor Society in my senior year

ACHIEVEMENT
Certification of completition and enthusiasm (volleyball camp)
National Karate Summer Program Award
President's Gold Award for Student Service
Honors Reading Program Gold Award
Selected as the best delegate of the state to the National Leadership Conference
Volunteered for about 150 hours

This year, I will be taking three SAT II (math IIC, biology M(piece of cake-got 800 on practice tests), and chemistry, and SAT I (aiming for 2300+ on the new SAT).

I am interested in pre-med

By Youpunchedme (Youpunchedme) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 01:56 pm: Edit

"HELP ME!", "BE HONEST-Am I a decent Harvard applicant?", and now "To be or not to be"

For most people, it’s usually sufficient to post once... But three times?

Stop obsessing... and enjoy your summer…

By Smartgirl (Smartgirl) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 05:43 pm: Edit

bring
up
my
By Smartgirl (Smartgirl) on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 03:12 pm: Edit

Oh I forgot, I got nominated as a member of the National Society of High School Scholars (scam?); I plan to do research with a professional doctor next summer and taking a class at Harvard or Yale (if I get in this program); I am writing a paper for the science competition and an essay for the writing competition(i hope I would win!!); finally, I am applying for a position in the cabinet of Junior State of America (again, I hope I would get in!). I do not plan to be on the sport team (not my thing!!) but a few clubs.

I understand that the top Ivy Leagues are the crapshoots, but I want to know if I am on the right track. Do you have any suggestion for me to improve?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page