With only 3 yrs of science, no point even applying? HELP!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: With only 3 yrs of science, no point even applying? HELP!
By Icyfire1237 (Icyfire1237) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 01:55 pm: Edit

On the Harvard website, it says that an applicant's "ideal" 4-year high school program should include 4 years of laboratory science. Does "ideal" basically mean "required"? If i'm only going to have 3 years of lab science, does that mean i shouldn't even bother to apply because they won't consider my application anyway and that i'll just be giving Harvard a $65 donation?

Please help, thanks!

By Neolinski (Neolinski) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 12:19 am: Edit

i dont think that means requirment,
but surely recommendation.

By Ambitiousyokel (Ambitiousyokel) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 06:23 pm: Edit

I think they recommend four years of a language, and I got in with two years of class plus a year of independent study (meaningless). I think it depends on your intended field of study (i.e., if you're applying to be a bio major and you didn't take high school biology, you might find yourself in a bit of a bind) and the opportunities your high school provided (i.e., you went to a super-Christian school that only taught "Creation Science" or something...)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page