Class of 2005 get applications already?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: Class of 2005 get applications already?
By Anijen21 (Anijen21) on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 03:43 pm: Edit

Hey guys, I don't usually post in the Harvard board but I thought this was weird...

Like two days ago, I got a letter from Harvard...you know, the usual "Blah blah blah you are starting your college search process blah blah blah..." then today, they sent me an application!

Anyone else get anything in the mail?

By Qwert271 (Qwert271) on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 03:46 pm: Edit

got it too. they expect the apps to start coming in for EA by early oct, and the regular ones for early december. that means that when they start coming in, not when they're due. they're due on nov 1 and dec 15(?) respectively.

By Chasgoose (Chasgoose) on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 06:20 pm: Edit

The December 15th deadline is their "preferred deadline" the actual RD deadline is December 31st/January 1st. It doesn't make a difference when you turn your app in as long as you turn it in by that final deadline. I turned mine a couple days after Christmas and I was still accepted.

By Justice (Justice) on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 08:47 pm: Edit

Yeah I got one about a week ago...sort of a waste of paper since i'll probably type it on acrobat 6.

By Ivyboy05 (Ivyboy05) on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 11:40 pm: Edit

If they SEND you an app, does that mean anything? Or did you request it or something?

By Chasgoose (Chasgoose) on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 02:25 am: Edit

It means that Harvard bought your PSAT scores from the College Board. It means nothing except that you chose the box that let your PSAT scores be sent to interested colleges and that you were one of the 50,000+ students in the range Harvard bought from the College Board.

By Chicagodude (Chicagodude) on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 02:42 am: Edit

Something funny....

I'm a junior (class of 2005) who graduated a year early. I applied and was admitted to Harvard. I will be going there in the fall of 2004. Yet, they continue to send me letters and applications telling me to apply. I think the left hand needs to find out what the right hand is doing.

Good luck to all the applicants!!!

By Ken (Ken) on Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 04:23 am: Edit

Don't you guys mean Class of 2009?

By Sraid7777 (Sraid7777) on Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 04:20 pm: Edit

I'm a junior (class of 2005) who graduated a year early.

it sucks, my school doesnt allow early grad...

By Lauren432 (Lauren432) on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 09:59 am: Edit

can harvard buy sat I scores as well? or is it just psat?
what did you guys get in the psat? thanks..

By Willywonka (Willywonka) on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 09:15 pm: Edit

For those of us who weren't so competent on the PSAT, how do we go about getting an application right now?

I hate to ask stupid questions, but I'm truly ignorant of the college application process.

By Sarasote (Sarasote) on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 09:24 pm: Edit

lol theres a typo in the harvard application

funny just cuz its harvard lol

By Portlander (Portlander) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 06:13 pm: Edit

You can actually request an application on their website,(www.harvard.edu). I believe it is under Admissions.

I was going to request an application today, but I just got one in the mail....^______^

By Modestmouse (Modestmouse) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 11:22 pm: Edit

W00t... I got my app. in the mail too... Man... When are you guys scheduling interviews? Anyone during the summer?

By Portlander (Portlander) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 11:50 pm: Edit

can we schedule an interview that early?!?!

By Yz16 (Yz16) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 08:56 am: Edit

sorry, how do i request an app?
or did you mean downloading an online one?

By Leaf (Leaf) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 01:18 pm: Edit

WillyWonka and Yz16:

http://www.admissions.college.harvard.edu/prospective/tools/apply_online/

*follow the instructions after viewing that site if you want to download; or on the side bar, there's a link you can click if you want the school to send the application to you

By Modestmouse (Modestmouse) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 12:33 pm: Edit

Yeah. Portlander, some people take the option of visiting the school over the summer and doing their interview then... I think I'm going to wait and do the "first choice last" technique for interview.

By Anonymous1989 (Anonymous1989) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 04:15 pm: Edit

hey what's the visiting undergraduate program thing? like, do you get some sort of certificate? or just transfer credit to your original school and that's it?

By Modestmouse (Modestmouse) on Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 12:15 am: Edit

Hey... Do you guys know where we can get the contact info. for our regional rep.s?

By Jenesaispas (Jenesaispas) on Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 08:45 am: Edit

Modestmouse, I think that once you submit your application, (or part of it, at least), Harvard contacts/the regional rep. contacts you. If they don't contact you by a certain time, then you have to talk to Harvard directly.

By Philntex (Philntex) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 11:49 pm: Edit

Yeah, that's how I heard it works, Jenesaispas (btw, I like your username). Hopefully Harvard'll get it all together for you, but of course that doesn't always work, so if after you've submitted your app and haven't heard from a rep in a while, check into it.

By Thejuiceisback (Thejuiceisback) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 01:08 pm: Edit

Can't we apply online? I hear colleges prefer it but I dunno, they did send us the paper one...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page