Fellow H transfers out there?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: Fellow H transfers out there?
By Adsf12 (Adsf12) on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 03:24 pm: Edit

Hey! Anyone else on this board transferring to Harvard next year in the fall or spring?

By Genie13 (Genie13) on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 05:03 pm: Edit

OMG this is SO strange I came on CC to see if I could get contact information from u adsf :)

I'm starting in the Fall... what about you?

Btw do u have AIM/MSN Messenger?

~genie13

By Adsf12 (Adsf12) on Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 03:23 pm: Edit

I'm starting in the fall too! Are you going on the FOP trip? Although I have zero camping experience, I think I am.

I kicked the AIM habit in college, but email me!

By Thekinslayer (Thekinslayer) on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 09:18 am: Edit

Spring transfer here

By Transferkid (Transferkid) on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 05:45 pm: Edit

Thekinslayer, what do you plan on doing until spring 2005? If you choose to enroll, can you still attend your original college until then?

By Econrobot (Econrobot) on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 06:58 pm: Edit

Could you guys please post your stats for transfer and where you currently attend college? Thanks!

By Thekinslayer (Thekinslayer) on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 09:55 pm: Edit

I've finished freshman year at Wesleyan University. In the winter I applied to transfer basically on a lark...Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with my Fall. Chances are I won't get around to getting an internship, and I'll spend a final term at Wesleyan. Any credits that I get there will transfer if there is an equivilent course at Harvard (there's the rub: what counts as "equivilent").

As for stats...Something like 1470 SAT, just under 5.0 (out of 6) at Phillips Academy (Andover), and a 3.93 at Wesleyan, with 10 courses by the end of the year (usual is 8). Three low 700 SAT IIs. That's about it...nothing extraordinary. Also Varsity athlete. If anything else would be useful, let me know.

transferkid, are you a spring term transfer? If anyone out there is, I'd appreciate advice or recommendations...

By Sarahw (Sarahw) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 02:59 am: Edit

thekinslayer,

what was your grading scale at wesleyan? was an A-a 3.67 or was anything in the A/A- range a 4.0?

Thanks and congrats :)

By Thekinslayer (Thekinslayer) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 09:40 am: Edit

A was 4.0 and A- was 3.65, I think. A+ was something above 4.0, but I don't know what, because I never got one...

By Jlondon (Jlondon) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 05:04 pm: Edit

Hey guys =) I think I posted elsewhere that I'll be transferring in the fall but I decided to put it up here too...Anyways, yay! Can't wait to meet you all...and congrats

By Sahera1184 (Sahera1184) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 01:42 am: Edit

hey y'all! ill be transferrin in the spring as well. can't wait to meet some of yall!

By Sarahw (Sarahw) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 03:07 am: Edit

hey sahera1184

what were your stats like?

By Sahera1184 (Sahera1184) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 10:42 am: Edit

my stats were actually nothing stellar, at least in college. This past year I've been at Boston College, and I had about a 3.7. I was involved in an acapella choir and the dance troupe. My stats in high school were a lil better. I graduated from a very prestigious high school w/ a 3.8 and TONS of extracurriculars and leadership roles. I took 8 A.P.s and scored 4s and 5s on all of them. I had a 1530 on the SAT (800 Verbal, 730 math), and a 750, 760, and 800 on the Math, Literature, and Writing SAT IIs, respectively. I guess the moral of the story is: ya never know unless you try. I applied to Harvard totally on a fluke this year.

By Sarahw (Sarahw) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 03:08 am: Edit

sahera1184,

did you have an extraordinary talent or activity? i'm just trying to figure out this process! thanks

By Sahera1184 (Sahera1184) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 10:59 am: Edit

sarahw- I dont really think I had an extraordinary talent or activity, but I did a lot. I was president/vice president of 2 choirs, I was 2nd chair violinist in orchestra, I sang in 3 choirs, I was in several musicals a year, I directed 2 musicals, I was in all-state choir,I was in dance at school as well as outside of school, I was very involved in my church and mission trips. I also won many awards and such. That was in high school though. In college, I danced about 15-20 hours a week, was involved in a church group, and sang in an acapella choir for about 10 hours a week. That was it! I think my biggest help was my professors' recommendatsions. Both of them wrote me really strong recs, I know. I hope that helps! I'm really not sure how I got in exactly haha. Good luck!

By Thekinslayer (Thekinslayer) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 01:10 pm: Edit

I'm in roughly the same boat as Sahera as for transfering. Applied on a lark, not expecting to get in at all. I got excellent grades freshman year in college, but not HYP grades in high school. Haven't cured cancer or written for the New Yorker. I'm an athlete, but not of a recruiting sport (cycling doesn't swing admissions officers). What I'm trying to say is that it is possible to get in as a solid, intelligent but not maniac-genius. The biggest thing going for me was college grades and recs. and a consistent record of starting extracurricular organizations (and following through with them).

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page