Transfer Waiting List

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: Transfer Waiting List
By Fingercuffs2006 (Fingercuffs2006) on Monday, May 24, 2004 - 04:04 pm: Edit

Anyone else on this? If so, are you accepting your place on the waiting list? And what school will you plan to go to in the mean time?

By Fingercuffs2006 (Fingercuffs2006) on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 04:08 pm: Edit

bump

By Blessed85 (Blessed85) on Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 11:06 pm: Edit

Hey fingercuffs
Do you remember me from the Cornell chatroom?
I think I might stay on the waiting list but I'm still not sure yet. I haven't got anything in the mail yet though. When do we have to let them know by?
I think I'll stay where I'm going right now, at Temple Uni. How bout u?

By Fingercuffs2006 (Fingercuffs2006) on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 05:21 am: Edit

Yo Blessed. There is no specific date that we have to let them know by. The letter just says to send it back as soon as you can. I'm going to accept my spot at either Penn or Dartmouth if the financial aid is enough. Still hoping to get off the waiting list though...

By Blessed85 (Blessed85) on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 01:39 pm: Edit

so if you get into Harvard off the waiting list, you're definitely going there?

By Fingercuffs2006 (Fingercuffs2006) on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 02:20 pm: Edit

yes

By Transferkid (Transferkid) on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 06:50 pm: Edit

Actually the deadline is june 1st. Simply look on the enclosed card

By Blessed85 (Blessed85) on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 11:21 pm: Edit

thanks transferkid. I better call them on Tuesday since I didn't get anything in the mail. Do you plan to stay ont he waiting list transfer kid?

By Transferkid (Transferkid) on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 12:30 am: Edit

You didnt receive anything yet? I'm sure if you give them a call they will have things sorted out. From what I've heard they are still dealing with the waitlist for freshman admission, and they'll get to us once that is over. I opted to stay on the list, although I have no idea how many we are, nor the waitlist stats for previous years. Sent my deposit to cornell in the mean time.

By Lex06 (Lex06) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 01:40 am: Edit

Hey All... As I'm sure you're all as eager for updates as myself, here's what I know. I spoke with the Director of Transfer Admissions on Tuesday and she told me that after Wednesday, the 2nd (the final day for admitted transfers to accept), they would begin reviewing the waitlist. They're hoping to have everything sealed up by the end of the month. Also, (though I hesitate to share this and provoke unfounded hope...), Ms. Rotner did say that one Spring spot did open up (but alas, being a rising Junior that's no good for me), so one of you rising sophomores might get to sneak in in January-- good luck with that!

As for me, I'm heading to Brown unless I hear wonderful news soon...

Here's hoping...

Lex

By Fingercuffs2006 (Fingercuffs2006) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 04:46 am: Edit

Thanks for the update Lex! :o)

By Lex06 (Lex06) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 05:48 pm: Edit

Anybody hear anything yet?

By Fingercuffs2006 (Fingercuffs2006) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 06:51 pm: Edit

Nope. :o(

By Suzannegrenvill (Suzannegrenvill) on Saturday, June 12, 2004 - 10:01 pm: Edit

Hello guys, I'm just curious about how you successfully transfer to Brown, Cornell, or hopefully Harvard? Perfect SATs, activities, or stunning awards?

Thanks in advance.

By Suzannegrenvill (Suzannegrenvill) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 11:23 am: Edit

bump...

By Transferkid (Transferkid) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 10:14 am: Edit

Sorry to bring the bad news folks, but it seems that for the time being all slots have been taken. They did say though that they'll keep us on the list until august or so, in case someone makes a change in plans at the last minute( unlikely in my opinion, but why not). I cant believe this will keep going on through the entire summer!!

By Fingercuffs2006 (Fingercuffs2006) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 03:56 pm: Edit

ack :o(

By Lex06 (Lex06) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 08:56 pm: Edit

Hey Transferkid-- What a bummer. Did you call or did they contact you?

By Transferkid (Transferkid) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 07:15 am: Edit

I called the director of admissions yesterday to get an update, and that's pretty much all she told me.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page