Worthless SAT

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: Worthless SAT
By Ineedcolumbia (Ineedcolumbia) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 12:05 pm: Edit

Starting with the HS class of '06 (hopefully CC '10) will our old SAT's be accepted?

Scores will be out of 2400, analogies will be dropped, calc will be added, essay will be added. Overall scores will go way down, because no one will have been able to practice for the new test.

By Aterashva (Aterashva) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 12:18 pm: Edit

Yes, but take comfort in the fact that everybody's score will drop equally. So the standardized test will actually be what it claims to be: standardized- for once.

This means that students all start on an equal footing.

Which means that the wealthy kids at Boston Latin don't have their parents hiring 30 tutors (ok, so now they'll only hire five!) to get their kids into college.

I think this'll be a good thing.

I don't know if your old scores will be accepted.

But if you're good at writing, the new SAT will be a dream come true.

Good luck, and the best advice I can give you is to enjoy your childhood. If your ratrace starts this early, you have more chance of having a mid-life crisis later on in life. :)

By Sraid7777 (Sraid7777) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 05:44 pm: Edit

ineed, how old are you? I thought I was the youngest one here, and I'm 14.

By Ineedcolumbia (Ineedcolumbia) on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 11:32 am: Edit

I'm 16. You are the youngest here. What did you think?

Also, this is not really my rat race. I'm not trying to get ahead. I just want to have a good time with certain kinds of interesting people, which I think I can find at certain universities.

By Sprite (Sprite) on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 03:26 am: Edit

no c/o 06 needs to take the new sat starting in jan 05

By Sraid7777 (Sraid7777) on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 08:26 pm: Edit

for some reason, I thought you meant you were entering HS in 06. And I thought verbal was my strongpoint...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page