Sat 2

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: Sat 2
By Jack88 (Jack88) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 06:30 pm: Edit

I was wondering about SAT 2. IF most colleges only want to hear about three SAT 2s, whats the purpose of taking more than three if there unnecessary, or can you send as many sat 2 scores as you want?

By Bmilder (Bmilder) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 06:43 pm: Edit

The colleges will see all your scores. I believe that on some college apps, there's room for more than 3 scores. Technically, they just look at your top 3, as I recall, but additional high scores or low ones will probably attract their attention on the score report. It wasn't really an issue for me because I only took 3, but I was planning on taking another one if those hadn't gone well.

By Jack88 (Jack88) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 09:34 pm: Edit

And how many Sat 2 should I take, for about half the classes Im taking or am going to take in high school, i can take an sat 2 for (probably more than 10), should I take an sat 2 for every class that I can take one or is that overkill. I was reading a post about some kid who took 25 aps, even though there aren't that many and i doubt that someone could take all of them, but is doing something like that the norm for getting into a good school?

By Boxosox (Boxosox) on Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 10:04 pm: Edit

25 ap's is NOT the norm by a loooong shot. Just take as many ap's as you can that your school offers and you'll be more than fine. Don't take more so much SAT 2. They can tell how good of a student you are from just the three they ask for. 3 750+ scores look just as good as 10 750+ scores.

By Bmilder (Bmilder) on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 02:54 pm: Edit

Take any 3 SAT II's. Then if you aren't satisfied with any of those scores, you can retake or try another one. If you're a junior, take writing and any two others (if you're younger, the writing test will no longer exist. I'm not sure if schools will change their SAT II policies). It also depends on what you're interested in. If you're a math/sci person, you'll probably want to take Math IIC and a science. Those may even be required for certain schools or majors. Try to take the SAT II right after the appropriate subject: take Bio after finishing Bio class, even if it's freshman or sophomore year. I took Writing, US History, and French all in one marathon session in May of junior year.

You should take AP classes in core areas if they're offered, but don't feel obligated to cram your schedule with every AP elective. I'm graduating with 5 AP classes and 2 AP exams.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page