Harvard Transfer Info

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: Harvard Transfer Info
By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 09:55 pm: Edit

I just looked at the info that Harvard sends to all of the alumni interviewers. They expect to take "far fewer" transfers this year than in recent years. The estimate is 55 out of about 1,000 applicants.

Harvard does not arrange alumni interviews for all transfer applicants, only a "handfull" of candidates that Harvard wants more info on. The transfer admissions committee started meeting April 26. The info I got didn't mention when final decisions will be made.

Best of luck to all who applied!

By Transferkid (Transferkid) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 10:31 pm: Edit

But I believe they accepted 55 out of 1000 last year as well though

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 12:22 am: Edit

Transferkid,
I was pretty sure that I had read, too, that they had accepted 55 last year. Seems I saw it on the Harvard site. However, the info they sent to alumni interviewers recently said what I quoted above. Go figure!

By Genie13 (Genie13) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 11:41 am: Edit

Northstarmom approxiametly how many people do you think they interviewed? About 200? or more?

And is it safe to assume that wanting more information is good? Or do some people get in without Harvard needing "more information"?

Thanks a lot!

~genie13

By Flyordie (Flyordie) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 01:18 pm: Edit

two good questions, hah

By Transferkid (Transferkid) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 02:49 pm: Edit

i believe someone on this board got in without an interview.
Sometimes also, harvard cannot necessarily arrange an interview in a given location. Overall therefore, given that certain people with interviews get denied and certain people without them get accepted, it's safe to say that wanting more information has no definite consequence on the decision, and is therefore neither good nor bad.

any thoughts you guys?

By Decision1020 (Decision1020) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 05:13 pm: Edit

I agree.

I have another question to add: How is URM status determined in a transfer application that does not explicitly state the race (specifically- in the optional information part of the Common App.)?

Good luck all.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page