Transferring

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: Transferring
By Cornellhopeful (Cornellhopeful) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 01:30 pm: Edit

Well, I might be applying to a few schools next year for transfer, and Harvard might be one of them. I know it's virtually impossible to get in, so i was wondering what you all think. I'm a high school senior.

I'm African American, 1340 SAT, 3.6 GPA, national awards in Model UN, teacher of religious education, lector(reader) at church, chamber orchestra, symphony orchestra, all-district/all-county orchestra(Viola), etc.

I'll be going to Georgetown this fall, but I'm interested in psychology, economics, anthropology, as well as Indian(Asian) studies and philosophy. Harvard is most likely one of few,if not the only, colleges that has an Indian Studies department, and I definitely would love to take some courses, which is one of the major reasons to apply. I'll also continue my interest in orchestral music, as well as Model UN. I know that only around 35-55 transfers are admitted, so what would you say my chances are, esp. b/c of my ethnicity as well as academic interests? I already have a 3.67 GPA at Georgetown, b/c i took Gen Psych over the summer and got an A-. I'm hoping for at least a 3.7-3.8. So, what advice do you have on what i should be doing. Thanks.

By Cornellhopeful (Cornellhopeful) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 01:32 pm: Edit

my course of study at Georgetown will be as follows(most likely):

Fall
Introduction to Biology
Introduction to French
Physiological Psychology
Religions in America
Healthcare in America

Spring
Introduction to Biology(second half)
Introduction to Computer Science
Introduction to Cognitive Science
Fundamentals of Finance
Intro to Cultural Anthropology

By Cornellhopeful (Cornellhopeful) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 01:52 pm: Edit

should i retake the sat, or are college grades and activities more important?

By Cornellhopeful (Cornellhopeful) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 05:58 pm: Edit

bump

By Iluvtoshop (Iluvtoshop) on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 11:16 pm: Edit

Cornell hopeful if you are going to apply for a sophomore spot then your SAT score, and your hs grades will mean alot more than if you were to transfer for junior status..Good luck!

By Cornellhopeful (Cornellhopeful) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 04:03 pm: Edit

ok, thanks a lot.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page