ADVICE ON GETTING INTO HARVARD REQUESTED

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: ADVICE ON GETTING INTO HARVARD REQUESTED
By Synkronized23 (Synkronized23) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 12:46 pm: Edit

Hey guys,

I'm a 10th going 11th grader currently attending Phillips Exeter Academy. What do you think I need to get into the school. So far, this is what I have and am going to do for my junior year.

AP Macroeconomics
AP Microeconomics
AP Calculus AB
AP English
AP US History ?
AP Physics ?

SAT IIs

Chinese
Math Level IIC
US History ?
Writing
Physics ?

Been playing rugby for the past 5 years. travelled all over the world to play for my club based in Singapore. travelled to New Zealand, Australia, Malaysia, Thailand. now playing for a rugby club in a joint program between PEA and Seacoast Rugby Club, expecting captainship of the U-19 team soon.

Varsity Cycling Team

Expected Varsity Squash Team upcoming year.
Won squash championship in school, defeating 60 other participants.

Co-Head of Mountain Biking Club
President of Business Club
President of Economics Club

Started up a Asian Noodle Bar business catering to a target group of 60 students in my dormitory. Currently expected net profit to be about US$4200 a year. With market expanded to the US alone, translates profits to $38.5 billion. =)
Thinking of expanding to other dorms too. Might also venture into other start-ups with my profits made.

Dormitory Proctor since Junior (usually only for seniors)
Student Listener

Is a science a very important aspect in consideration for harvard? I want to shift my interests and my focus into Business/Economics and forget about a science altogether. Taken biology this sophomore year(non-AP) and have already taken all prerequisites to take the AP Physics or AP Chemistry courses, but I'm just not interested in Sciences. Heading both the Business Club and the Economics Club. Also taking both the Economics APs even though they don't really offer the Micro AP course here. Going to hire a private tutor to go through it with me. Please advise on anything you think I should consider doing or not doing. Just comments basically. Thanks a lot guys.

Another question is, does harvard offer a business/finance undergrad degree? or is the closest to it economics?

By Monekit (Monekit) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 07:52 pm: Edit

"Another question is, does harvard offer a business/finance undergrad degree? or is the closest to it economics?"

Only an economics degree.

It is hard to tell anything w/o any hard scores so far. However, the rugby thing is a catch. I think Harvard might recruit rugby players (I am not sure)? You seem pretty competent in sports.

By Mzhang23 (Mzhang23) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 09:53 pm: Edit

There's no varsity rugby team; harvard will not recruit for it.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page