Harvard waitlistees, what are your plans?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: Harvard waitlistees, what are your plans?
By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 07:40 pm: Edit

Topic is subject. Just curious.

I'm probably going to Yale, for numerous reasons, and it is the perfect distance from my home.

By Evil_Robot (Evil_Robot) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 07:53 pm: Edit

Vandy baby!

Full tuition there + additional money. I was accepted to Yale (my first choice) but can't afford it :(.

Not planning to do anything for the waitlist besides the letter.

By Bigsisdan (Bigsisdan) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 12:53 am: Edit

send back that card and pray

By Guydollofer (Guydollofer) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 02:27 pm: Edit

Evil Robot... I'm very happy to hear about that from Vandy. Congrats and Good Luck!!!

By Amylase (Amylase) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 06:25 am: Edit

I'm going stanford. It is expensive but huuuu!.

hope harvard will change its mind and accept me. god bless

By Mzhang23 (Mzhang23) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 12:33 pm: Edit

Amylase, you will be much happier with the Stanford weather. Stanford will provide just as good an education too. Don't fret over the waitlist and rejoice about your matriculation to Stanford.

Evil Robot, I'm glad you finally decided on a good choice, though I am filled with regret that you had to turn down Yale because of money reasons.

By El_Diablo (El_Diablo) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 01:34 am: Edit

Amylase, congrats! I still hope u come to Harv :)

By Snookumms1 (Snookumms1) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 06:49 pm: Edit

Tufts! So either way I'll be in Boston, which is awesome...I'm so thrilled with either school so I am quite content :).

By Wordsunspoken6 (Wordsunspoken6) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 08:55 pm: Edit

Columbia.. and praying lol

By Jingaling (Jingaling) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 10:48 pm: Edit

Oh no! That means I won't be meeting you in the fall at Yale, Evil_Robot! Ah, well, full-tuition plus some is definitely enticing. =)

Congrats!

By Ken (Ken) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 07:06 am: Edit

Why do peopls say that they can't afford Yale? I thought Yale meets 100% demonstrated need. They also say that they are also able to revise their financial aid should your family situation change.

By Qwert271 (Qwert271) on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 07:05 pm: Edit

Some people can technically afford it with what Yale gives, but have to cut back on their spending. Set that situation up against full tuition + spending money at a 'lesser' school, and sometimes it's a tough decision.

By Vladimirlem (Vladimirlem) on Saturday, May 01, 2004 - 01:33 am: Edit

Qwert & Ken: That's what I thought too, until you get down into the nuts and bolts of the situation. Really, college is a business like any other so defining "need" in a way that helps them out without too much yelling and screaming on the part of the "customers" (or students) especially when the student is neither extremely poor (get full ride) or extremely rich (doesn't care about price).

Sure, they provide for all demonstrated need...if you're willing to sell your house, put your parents in hoc, delay your parents retirement, screw up your brothers savings for college, eat beans and rice, work your butt off during summers and the year, and take on a fair amount in loans. That's not everyone's idea of a "dream time" in college.

By Meowmeow (Meowmeow) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 12:20 pm: Edit

Sent my deposit to Georgetown, but really hoping to get off the waitlist....not all that optimistic though.

Good luck to you all!

By Ne22 (Ne22) on Sunday, May 02, 2004 - 09:48 pm: Edit

Wharton

By Evil_Robot (Evil_Robot) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 03:19 am: Edit

Good luck everyone!

By Amylase (Amylase) on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 09:20 am: Edit

Yeah good luck.

Evil Robot, i have a similar predicament as yours. Having to pay $160000 to stanford is giving me a headache. hope Harvard will get us out of this $$ problem

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page