Class of 2008: Introduce thyself!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: Class of 2008: Introduce thyself!
By Elrohir (Elrohir) on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 11:11 pm: Edit

Everybody accepted, please post where you're from and a bit about yourself. Post anything you want, however much you want, BUT DON'T POST ANY STATS!!

I'll begin:

Hi everyone, I'm a Pakistani living in the United Arab Emirates. I have really big eyes and am currently learning how to play Go.

By Ajworld85 (Ajworld85) on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 11:30 pm: Edit

One of my best friends is Paki..and oooh. UAE! I've always wanted to visit Abu dhabi... And Go... hey... well i dont play but i know tons of people that do. Hope to seeya in Cambridge

By Elrohir (Elrohir) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 01:57 am: Edit

Ajworld, yep UAE is a lotta fun (although it's pretty much summer all year round).. but the city you want to visit is Dubai! Truly a melting-pot of cultures, I've lived here all my life.

Are you a Harvard student, btw?

By El_Diablo (El_Diablo) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 06:09 am: Edit

hi,

Im from Sri Lanka. Originally from Saudi Arabia, but living in SL. Hope to major in Engine, God willing.

I like my food, martial arts, rock & alternate, and cars.

Anyone into Kung Fu?

By alice on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 09:33 pm: Edit

hey,
i'm alice - from italy.
got in, but i'm taking a gap year first. going to india to travel and volunteer-
one of my best friends is from pakistan too!
see you in cambridge!

By Canadian_Idol (Canadian_Idol) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 09:44 pm: Edit

From Vancouver!

I love rock and alt. rock..I want to get a band going at harvard :) Im also crazy about soccer..although i wasn't recruited.

Came from Korea 5 years ago...hopefulli i'll get to meet some fellow koreans in cambridge :)

By Thenamek (Thenamek) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 11:01 pm: Edit

Make sure you join the Yahoo! Group: HarvardCollege08. That is most likely the best place in which to get acquainted.

By Blondie (Blondie) on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 11:10 pm: Edit

Hey guys, I'm Meghan... I'm from New Jersey. Nothing too exciting about that. I love to run long distance, I love cities... hm what else... I feel extremely lucky to have the option of attending Harvard! Wow... it hasn't really sunken in yet.

By alice on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 11:11 pm: Edit

same. do you know how to get to harvard 08 chat?

By Piquant77 (Piquant77) on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 10:19 pm: Edit

Canadian_Idol, I wanted to get a band going too! :) The one I'm in now has been really successful; we play rock but I'm a girl and the lead vocalist so it's not your typical all-guy band. And I had no idea you were Korean. :P

And yeah it's pretty amazing huh? alice, I have the same question. Where are you computer-savvy people when we need you? :)

By Wdragyn (Wdragyn) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 03:17 am: Edit

Hi I'm Will from San Diego, CA. I'm in a navy family. I play basketball and baseball...and I'm pretty interested in math.

By Xtrition (Xtrition) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 12:07 pm: Edit

Hi
im from India. will probably major in engineering sciences or the like.

I still dont believe im going to harvard!!

By Jj111111 (Jj111111) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 05:12 pm: Edit

Hey Canadian_Idol (Canadian_Idol)!

You are my idol!!
Can ya help a fellow 1st generation korean in Canada out?

Whats your email???

By Riesenmy (Riesenmy) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 06:39 pm: Edit

Hey I'm Jeff from Missouri... i love sports, want to get a band going, visiting H april 25, 26. Very surprised I got in. Wanted to go to Stanford.

By Mitwannabe (Mitwannabe) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 07:44 pm: Edit

vancouver, bc, canada, but not sure where to go, harvard is one of a few schools i got accepted to. right now i'm kicking myself b/c im not sure where to go. every school offers something better than the next *sigh*

By Piquant77 (Piquant77) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 05:13 am: Edit

Harvard's admit website isn't working for me; I got the email about the chat today and really want to participate, but I haven't been able to get on even the admissions website for the past few days. Is this just me guys?

By Elrohir (Elrohir) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 01:39 pm: Edit

I can get in, although I can't see the "Online Open House" link anywhere.. I'm assuming it magically appears on Wednesday!

Call up the office and get them to sort out. I'm definitely looking forward to it... although I have to get up at 5am to participate.

By Kelchersian (Kelchersian) on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 06:44 pm: Edit

Hi I'm from PA. I'm planning on concentrating in German and French.

By Hannajvb (Hannajvb) on Wednesday, April 07, 2004 - 03:10 am: Edit

Hello - My name is Seth, I'm from South Carolina, and I got 1st-Runner up in a beauty pageant :-)

By Brittanydobson (Brittanydobson) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 04:17 pm: Edit

hi my name is brittany and i'm from FL...can't wait to meet u guys at the pre-frosh weekend!! (AIM sc name is BrittDobson)

By Ambitiousyokel (Ambitiousyokel) on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 09:38 pm: Edit

I'm Sam, from rural Georgia and I want to row crew and concentrate History and Lit. Bluegrass rocks my world.

By Gabypa (Gabypa) on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 08:40 pm: Edit

(Intls, join the "harvard08" Y!group.)

Hi! (Hi, ElRohir ;-)!)

I'm a Peruvian living in Brasilia, Brazil. I am 17 and thoroughly undecided. :-)

By Chicagodude (Chicagodude) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 02:58 pm: Edit

Hi, my name is Peter and I am an african-american from chicago. I plan on going to law school so I guess I can major in anything. I will probably play tennis for Harvard. I'll be at Harvard for the prospective student visit (april 24-26), so if you see a black guy with curly hair, you'll know it's me.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page