Late interview for deferred EA candidate?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: Late interview for deferred EA candidate?
By Cosmin (Cosmin) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 02:20 pm: Edit

Hi, i'm an international student and got deferred early action by Harvard in December. I had written then inquiring an interview in November, and they have answered me that they do not have an interviewer in this area (i live in Vienna, Austria). Today i received an e-mail from an interviewer in Budapest and i found out that he would like to have an interview with him there (it's about 400 km distance from Vienna). I found it quite strange, since i thought it was already late for interviews with regular decision candidates and was sure that they do not have interviews with deffered EA candidates. Might this be a good sign or should't i raise my hopes (which are anyway almost non-existant). Thank u for ur answers

By Crnchycereal (Crnchycereal) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 10:14 pm: Edit

It may mean that you're an extremely border-line applicant and that they want to get another opinion to make the decision. My good friend who was accepted EA was called by the admissions committee, requesting another essay because one of his was controversial (extremely well-written, but it recalled a quasi-religious trip to Hooters) and the committee was split in half between those who liked it and those who did not. Luckily, he had another essay on hand (they wanted another within half an hour), and clearly, it did the trick. I don't want to scare you about the importance of this interview, but it's a possibility.

By El_Diablo (El_Diablo) on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 11:19 pm: Edit

yeah..tell me about it. I am also an international and politely inquired whether an interview was possible months ago. Unfortunately they said they did not have any in the area. then boom, two days ago I got a sudden email telling to meet an alumnus and i had an interview yesterday. I asked him about it, and he said that he had requested harvard that he would only interview applicants harvard is seriously considering. So I guess that means I have a .000000001% chance rather than my former 0% :)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page