Can I get in?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: Can I get in?
By Jbomb92 (Jbomb92) on Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 02:08 am: Edit

Hey everyone. Im a sophmore and was wondering about my chance of getting into Harvard.

GPA: 3.9 (unweighted)
SAT Math: 760
SAT Verbal: 780
Bio: 640 (from 9th grade but probably gonna retake)
Chem: 760
Math IC: 790
Math IIC: 780
Class Rank: Top 3

I am treasurer of FBLA and DECA and plan on running for a state office (pres) for DECA next year. President of Interact club. I'm on track and involved in musicals, vocal jazz, jazz band (trumpet), and NYSSMA and SCMEA and all that music stuff. I am an intern for an organization within the community as well as school representative for an environmental agency in the area. I will be an eagle scout next year and am getting a job this summer (or attending a summer program). I'm in science, foreign language, and business honor societies and will be in national honor society in 12th grade. I am also a member of STARS and class and student council reps. Finally I'm an intern for a school to business partnership in the community. I plan on finding a second intern opportunity as well this summer. I'm trying to find something that will really make me stand out but I cant think of anything yet. Please comment on my chances and what you think and if maybe I should focus on some specific activities and drop some clubs. Will a summer program really matter because I want to go to one but they are to expensive and I need to get a job to save for college. Also I'm working on being a cisco ceritfied networker. Thanks for reading and please comment truthfully. Thanx!!

By Nerdkiller (Nerdkiller) on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 10:56 am: Edit

insulting post removed
Moderator DoveofPeace

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page