Interview? How do I ask for it?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: Interview? How do I ask for it?
By Hyoseobee (Hyoseobee) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 02:19 am: Edit

I sent the common app w/ the supplement to Harvard.

I said I'll make an appointment, but since I live in Korea and because I'm a home schooler, I am worried.

Now I know it's a dumb question, but what should I do now? Help me out please, your input is greatly appreciated. :-)

By Finnryant (Finnryant) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 03:02 am: Edit

After you apply, if an interview is possible, then you will be contacted anywhere from 2-4 weeks after your file is complete with all materials. Check the online status of your file if you dont know if Harvard has all materials. Just wait it out. "Don't call us, we'll call you" is the motto here.

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 05:17 pm: Edit

Hyosobee: Since you are a nonBritish/Canadian international, you have to make an appointment with an interviewer. Check the booklet about this that Harvard sends international applicants and check this website: http://www.admissions.college.harvard.edu/prospective/applying/international/interviews/

US, British and Canadian applicants should be contacted by alumni interviewers by Feb. 1. If you aren't contacted, e-mail the admissions office and ask about obtaining an interview.

By Hyoseobee (Hyoseobee) on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 12:46 am: Edit

Dear Northstarmom, thank you for your consideration. However, Korea is NOT on the list of nations that have an alum association. I have already sent an e-mail message asking for advice to Harvard Univ. but I don't think I would be getting a reply shortly... maybe never hehehe.
Should I just make a call? Or should I wait for it? Please help me. Thank you.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page