Late apps?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: Late apps?
By Princesanegrita (Princesanegrita) on Friday, January 02, 2004 - 05:51 pm: Edit

what happens to late apps?

By Bunzbash (Bunzbash) on Friday, January 02, 2004 - 06:08 pm: Edit

They're used as tp Princesanegrita

By Princesanegrita (Princesanegrita) on Friday, January 02, 2004 - 06:31 pm: Edit

lol no really..

By Hegemonhenenen (Hegemonhenenen) on Friday, January 02, 2004 - 06:37 pm: Edit

*Thank you for helping us with our budget deficit Princesanegrita!

-- Harvard

By Princesanegrita (Princesanegrita) on Friday, January 02, 2004 - 06:42 pm: Edit

*Gulp* are you serious?

By Polly (Polly) on Friday, January 02, 2004 - 07:50 pm: Edit

How about not really the apps but late supp materials that are not required but I am just sending?

By Alphachimp (Alphachimp) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 12:19 am: Edit

they dont care. call them and explain.

By Kingdvl (Kingdvl) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 10:39 am: Edit

Late supp materials don't matter. Most schools refuse to look at late apps. You've had months and months to do it, and there are thousands and thousands who managed to get it on time.

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 11:00 am: Edit

This is not said to inspire further procrastination, but I have heard that late apps get looked at. After all, a flood of applications arrive from all over the world. Some that are mailed on time will be delayed by the post office. With thousands of apps to look at, I can't imagine that adcoms toss out ones that happen to be a day or two late.

In a similar vein, my older son once got a prize from a national essay contest even though I mailed his entry the day after it was due.

Bottom line: Don't toss your app if it will have to go out a few days late. At the same time, though, move heaven and earth to get your apps out so they make the deadlines.

My older son was virtually hounded by a high official at a top 50 college who was convinced he really didn't mean to turn down her college's admissions and merit scholarship offer. She was convinced about this because he had gotten in his application several months before the deadline. I doubt if doing something like that would make a big impact on Harvard, but it might with a safety school.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page