On them bloody SAT tests

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: On them bloody SAT tests
By Monkeyman (Monkeyman) on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 05:20 pm: Edit

From some of me older friends, i hear that real SAT tests are bloody harder than them flaming practice counterpart.

Would this be a result of those flaming stress and nervousness that comes with realizing that this test result could make or break you, in other words, would this "10 TIMES MORE DIFFiCULT!!" observation from me friend come as a result of psychological stress? or is it really harder?

Sum cursed answer would be flipping appreciated

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 06:07 pm: Edit

I never took a practice test, never did any prep whatsoever. I was pretty relaxed but yet intense while taking them. Just focus on each individual question, intently, and think hard and fast. Try not to worry about the effects of the test on your life (haha) until it's over - you can have a lot of worrying time then. Believe me, I had a stress headache AFTER I took the test, haha, but during, just stay intense and try to not let anything else enter your mind. I got a 1500 first (and only) try, not amazing, but definitely good, so I guess my strategy works pretty well. ;P

By Tellmewhy (Tellmewhy) on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 07:15 pm: Edit

Here is the one word key: MINIMIZE.

Minimizing careless errors will drastically improve your score.

By Alphachimp (Alphachimp) on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 07:20 pm: Edit

In my deadly opinion, the friggin practice tests (like the PSAT) are freakishly harder than the bloody SAT.

Yet, if your score is not freakishly high the first time, you can re-bloody take it. mine went from flaming 1450 to a lethal 1550

By Monkeyman (Monkeyman) on Sunday, December 28, 2003 - 08:51 pm: Edit

Thank you ppl, for boosting me self-confidence

By W1628 (W1628) on Monday, December 29, 2003 - 12:56 pm: Edit

oh
well i used both books the princeton review and 10 real, and i have to say - theyre about the same. and i still got a 1600 first try soo...

By Scarletgirl (Scarletgirl) on Monday, December 29, 2003 - 09:43 pm: Edit

I think it depends. Both times when I took the SATS I was SOOO nervous, I felt like someone was leaning on my shoulders and I was shaking, not kidding, but i did better than practice books both times. of course, a lot of it is luck bc a few words that you've never heard before or one math concept that they never taught you can screw you over.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page