So i was watching a rerun of snl

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: So i was watching a rerun of snl
By Polka (Polka) on Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 06:37 pm: Edit

and weezer was performing. my sister comes up to me and was like did you know he went to harvard, so i say did you know that he didn't even graduate. so, she says at least he got in and she cackles and runs off. that made me sad, it also made me think. my whole life i am gonna know that i got deferred from harvard. this is the first time i have REALLY wanted something and not gotten it. so i pose this question to my fellow deferrees, was it worth it? would you have rather never applied in the first place?

personally, i am glad i did apply even though i got deferred because, for me, not trying is not an option.

By Purple_Fiish (Purple_Fiish) on Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 09:54 pm: Edit

I applied because I didn't want to live the rest of my life thinking "what if." You tried, I tried, we got deferred. Life goes on. Yeah, my sister teases me about my not getting in, too. Heh. Oh, well. Good luck RD, though. :-)

By Prevarication (Prevarication) on Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 12:47 am: Edit

i applied to columbia ed and got rejected. although i was upset about it, i dont regret applying there at all. it truly was my number 1 choice and had i not applied, i wouldve always wondered. never regret what youve done. only regret what you never did.

im applying to harvard rd. haha when i say that outloud it amuses me. the thought (of my ever being accepted) is so preposterous!

By Daggerlee (Daggerlee) on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 09:59 am: Edit

Rivers got into Harvard after he became famous...I think it's more of an accomplishment when you go before you are famous (i.e. Mira Sorvino)

Still awesome that he got in of course, but you never know if it was for his academic potential or for his famous reputation.

By Collegehelp1234 (Collegehelp1234) on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 10:08 pm: Edit

You guys need to think concretely about the word "deferred". They are not "deferring" you away from Harvard. They are "deferring"/rerouting your application into the general application pool.

By Wo4567 (Wo4567) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 08:16 pm: Edit

that reminds me...
i was watching a rerun of snl last week and a harvard alum called me to set up an interview. I picked up the phone just as Christopher Walken was exclaiming "i am not gay i will only eat you." I dont know if he heard but it certainly amused me more than the usual hilarity of snl reruns.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page