Online Application Q's

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: Online Application Q's
By Meowmeow (Meowmeow) on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 12:21 am: Edit

hey guys,

I just finished my common app online (that I'll be sending to Harvard), but I was wondering if my essays/awards sections were too long. The common app attached three additional pages (1 for each response). Will the admission office care that all the responses had to be put on a different sheet?

How long were your essays? I noticed that some of you talked about filling in only three lines for awards and honors....I wrote mine in paragraph form about three lines for each grade. Should I switch to a list?

I know this forum is kind of hectic what with EA decisions just being released, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

By Randomthinking (Randomthinking) on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 12:26 am: Edit

I don't think they care that much as long as it is organized well. I had like 5 extra sheets + two cds, and i still got in, so I think as long as your stuff is organized and neat, they don't care. And by organized, I put mine in a nice, clean list, but that might be more of a personal preference.

My Personal Statement essay was 550 words, my extracurriculars essay was 410 words, and unlike most people, I did not include an optional Why Harvard essay (I just got too tired).

Good luck!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page