Did you/will you send supplementary material?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: Did you/will you send supplementary material?
By Pumpkintree (Pumpkintree) on Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 10:26 am: Edit

Did you/will you send supplementary material to Harvard? Is it really world-class or is it just very very good in your eyes? Harvard's instruction "neither required nor expected...and should be sent only if the applicant's work is unusually advanced..." sounds intimidating...I am curious about what you did/will do. Thank you!

By Coinkydink (Coinkydink) on Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 12:42 pm: Edit

I did. I think it definitely helps if you have won at least state level awards in like music or art to send samples. For music, I know that they actually send all the materials to professors who grade them on a scale of 1 to 5, which the adcoms then look at when evaluating your application.

By J_Shen (J_Shen) on Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 03:17 pm: Edit

I sent some brief creative writing samples, which may have gotten me deferred, hubris-wise. Ugh.
To totally go for broke, I'll be sending in a tape and some sheet music of an opus I'm working on (ha! I don't actually have to prove I'm more than mediocre at playing someone else's music) and hope to finish pre-holidays, plus maybe a new essay if it's kosher.

By Gabypa (Gabypa) on Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 03:54 pm: Edit

I sent a 6 page optional essay (personal narrative) and 20 art slides.

They didn't kill me, thanks God!

Good luck. ;-)

By Warriorlax22 (Warriorlax22) on Monday, December 15, 2003 - 06:42 pm: Edit

IB Internal Assessment.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page