The RD thread!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: Ivy League Schools: Harvard University: 2004 Archive: The RD thread!
By Jimjunior (Jimjunior) on Tuesday, December 02, 2003 - 09:42 pm: Edit

I will be submitting my RD application tomorrow. I know they probably will not be looking at it until the EA rush is over, but I am done and want to get an interview spot.

Who else has/will be submitting a RD application in teh next month. Post updates and anything else related here

By Glockenspeil (Glockenspeil) on Thursday, December 04, 2003 - 08:48 pm: Edit

I will be!

By May_1 (May_1) on Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 12:28 am: Edit

This thread seemed most appropriate, so my question is, on the Harvard Supplement to the Common App, when they ask for the cities and countries you've lived in, do they mean for a substantial period (1 year or more) or are they just asking for just all cities you've stayed in (like around 2 to 2.5 months)?

EDIT: Also, when they ask for non-academic awards...do they mean non school-realted awards, or ANYTHING dealing with academics? I have national research awards, but I don't know if I can put it there.

By Ajhayes (Ajhayes) on Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 04:34 am: Edit

^^I once got first place in an art fair, so I put it under "non academic". I think it is anything that doesn't have to do with being on an honor roll or something like that. As for this thread, does it include deferred people from EA (me)? I guess we're technically RD people now.

By Plutosky (Plutosky) on Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 11:54 pm: Edit

Hey RD's (including deferees)!

My Harvard app is finished and ready also- minus one thing: the optional essay. Is it a not really optional essay, or do many people not submit another?

By Itempest (Itempest) on Friday, December 19, 2003 - 05:30 pm: Edit

I'm applying RD and I sent off the Common App and Harvard Supplement on the 20th of November minus my personal statement, which I will be finishing up ASAP and sending before Christmas. :)

Good luck to you all!

By Jimjunior (Jimjunior) on Friday, December 19, 2003 - 08:50 pm: Edit

TO answer teh second posts question. I would say that a few month is a substantial period of time. What were the circumstances? If was anything other than an extended vacation thed I would list it

By May_1 (May_1) on Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 05:41 am: Edit

They were two summer research stints, both about 10 weeks...one in Seattle and one in Philadelphia...and I'm from LA.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page