My life sucks

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: March 2003 Archive: My life sucks
By Ihatemyself (Ihatemyself) on Monday, March 31, 2003 - 04:53 pm: Edit

You all are so lucky getting into college everywhere and being happy. Try applying to 6 schools and getting waitlisted to all of them. Imagine being that person. You have no idea what it is like to be me...

By Incognito (Incognito) on Monday, March 31, 2003 - 05:02 pm: Edit

Try preparing for a test for more than 2 yrs and still getting a score you're not happy with while people around you never opened a prep book in their life and still scored 30 or so pts higher than you. (And BTW, if it makes you feel better, I'm not going to school next yr either). (and where did you apply? what were your stats?)

By Tenisghs (Tenisghs) on Monday, March 31, 2003 - 05:13 pm: Edit

Why are you not going to school, Incognito?

By Tenisghs (Tenisghs) on Monday, March 31, 2003 - 05:15 pm: Edit

Why are you not going to school, Incognito?

By Tenisghs (Tenisghs) on Monday, March 31, 2003 - 05:18 pm: Edit

Ihatemyself, don't hate yourself. I only applied to six schools, too. Just speak with your counselor ASAP and try to contact the schools you REALLY WANT TO ATTEND your quarter grades, etc. Have your parents involved too.

By Momx3 (Momx3) on Monday, March 31, 2003 - 05:38 pm: Edit

I agree with tensighs. Keep on it. Ask your guidance counselor to make calls on your behalf. Look to apply to schools in your area that still have rolling admission and apply. Remember the wait list means you are qualified, but not enough room for everyone that met admission criteria. Send new info. senior grades etc. Let them know that you really want their school. Keep it up and at a last resort you can transfer from another school.

By Momx3 (Momx3) on Monday, March 31, 2003 - 05:38 pm: Edit

I agree with tensighs. Keep on it. Ask your guidance counselor to make calls on your behalf. Look to apply to schools in your area that still have rolling admission and apply. Remember the wait list means you are qualified, but not enough room for everyone that met admission criteria. Send new info. senior grades etc. Let them know that you really want their school. Keep it up and at a last resort you can transfer from another school.

By Crackcorn (Crackcorn) on Monday, March 31, 2003 - 08:36 pm: Edit

I just got waitlisted for Stanford. Not sure what to think! Is it a compliment or a slap in the face? I always thought Stanford was a long-shot. But this is such a tease.

By Nocalguy (Nocalguy) on Monday, March 31, 2003 - 08:53 pm: Edit

I would take that as a compliment. A kid in my class got accepted to Harvard via early action and got waitlisted at Stanford.

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Monday, March 31, 2003 - 09:41 pm: Edit

Ihatemyself: Try being the person that got waitlisted at two colleges, rejected at five, and will soon find out about the other two "reach" colleges. I seriously believe in Tufts syndrome.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page