Severe Senior Slump

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: March 2003 Archive: Severe Senior Slump
By Frank (Frank) on Monday, March 31, 2003 - 04:46 pm: Edit

Ever since I found out I got into MIT I quit doing homework and studying for tests. My A's dropped to C's, literally.

I've worked SOOO hard for 4 years and now that I'm going to my top choice I just wanna take it easy until the end of high school.

But at the same time I don't want MIT to change their mind about me and retract my acceptance. I'm just a little bit paranoid.

I'm wondering whether or not I'm overdoing it.

Anyone have any comments? advice? experiences? anything at all to tell me?

By Lurker (Lurker) on Monday, March 31, 2003 - 05:02 pm: Edit

You don't want your grades to drop to Cs. Further, if you are currently taking MIT-relevant courses, like Calculus or AP Physics, you really will need to know that stuff for your freshman year.

(If you think you worked hard in highs school, just wait until you start getting baraged with the weekly MIT problem sets and tests where 35/100 is a typical class average.)

Take it real easy over the summer and lighten up a bit for the rest of your senior year, but don't totally give up on your classes.

Congrats, MIT is a fabulous place to learn.

By Pisces (Pisces) on Monday, March 31, 2003 - 05:05 pm: Edit

If you get B's you wont have to worry about MIT rescinding. C's are pushing it.

By Tenisghs (Tenisghs) on Monday, March 31, 2003 - 05:11 pm: Edit

Does MIT require a final transcript??????

By Momx3 (Momx3) on Monday, March 31, 2003 - 05:32 pm: Edit

Most require a final transcript and even if they don't many high schools send senior final transcripts to colleges as a matter of course so c's are pushing it. Why risk it? Just remind yourself that there are many students that would love to be in your shoes even if it meant working hard for a few more weeks. Have a great, relaxing, study free summer!

By Asdf (Asdf) on Monday, March 31, 2003 - 10:46 pm: Edit

WOrk your ass off until the end of the year until you can get your grades up. Additionally, get off of this board! It's a black hole for your time ;)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page