UC BERKELEY decisions

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: March 2003 Archive: UC BERKELEY decisions
By Quarky (Quarky) on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 12:23 am: Edit

Umm... Rejected. Good times though :)

By Militarygrade (Militarygrade) on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 12:44 am: Edit

That blows.

I'm stil waiting on mine. We transfer student don't find out for another 4 weeks.

Sorry man. Where are you going to go, then?

By Creatorcat (Creatorcat) on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 03:08 am: Edit

aaaaah, that's a real pitty.

By Quarky (Quarky) on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 11:13 am: Edit

Military:
Well, I have 14 other options that have accepted me... Plus, I will prolly get into San Jose State, which will make it 15... Still waiting to hear from Caltech. Out of those 14-15, I have already eliminated many, so it comes down to pretty much the following:

Illinois Institute of Technology (v. good fin aid pack.)

Tulane University (decent fin aid pack; the school runs at 37000 though)

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (well, fin aid still sucks, but I convinced them to give me another schol, so they added 2000 more)

University of Idaho (local school, gave me 4 scholarships, might get a full ride with "Idaho-only" scholarships; i.e., the ones that are good for Idaho schools only).

Colorado School of Mines... fin aid sucks, but I guess it's still a possibility... They decided to add another schol recently. Still pretty expensive for an out-of-state student.

Cal Poly -- no fin aid letters yet, so I will keep waiting.

There are a few other, more distant possibilities, but the ones above are the most likely ones.

Mil: that's a real pity; oh, I am going to cry now :(

not really. I am mad, but not sad. I wouldnt be able to afford Berk anyway. I am just p1$$ed off at them.

Their phone service is really sh1tty, too -- talking to their counselors was a waste of long-dist money. I am sure I would get the same tiny amount of attention on campus...

By Creatorcat (Creatorcat) on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 12:04 pm: Edit

HEY don't CRY, like a sissy, feel happy that you have.. what, like, 7 other options... Maaan, I'd be happy if I were you!
Who gives a damn about Berkeley anyway.

May we both end up at IIT

By Lovewriting (Lovewriting) on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 12:06 pm: Edit

Cal Poly is an excellent school in a fairly decent area of California. The experience of being away from home, if you get a decent aid package, would really help. Also, Berkeley does take transfers especially from California schools. Worth a shot, even if that fails a Cal Poly degree is nothing to sniff at :) Sorry about your rejection but you have some other great choices.

By Quarky (Quarky) on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 12:27 pm: Edit

I am afraid, you people didn't feel the sarcasm with which I said I was crying. I don't give a sh1t, cuz I wouldnt go to Berk anyway. Fin aid for our-of-state would be a huge problem, especially for my family's fin situation. I am not sad at all. I am happy that i have other great choices.

By Crackcorn (Crackcorn) on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 12:33 pm: Edit

Rejected.

That's okay. Berkeley girls are ugly anyway.

By Dferraro (Dferraro) on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 01:21 pm: Edit

hell yah

By Dferraro (Dferraro) on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 01:21 pm: Edit

hell yah

By Creatorcat (Creatorcat) on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 03:24 pm: Edit

hm.. I thought you didn't catch my sarcasm in the first place, so I said, well, fine, maybe he's really sad...

go for the best

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page