Recieved weird letter from UMich

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: March 2003 Archive: Recieved weird letter from UMich
By Jfmiii2 (Jfmiii2) on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 01:38 am: Edit

I applied as a transfer to Mich for fall. I'm a fresh at Indiana, 3.85 GPA, 1230 SAT, applied to LS&A and got a letter stating that I "could be a successful student at Mich," but the large number of apps prevents them from making a final decision until April. It says "since we cannot assure you of admission", I should have alternate plans. I emailed th woman in charge of my app and told her how much I wanted to atten, and that I would enroll if accepted. What are my chances?

By Jfmiii2 (Jfmiii2) on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 12:35 pm: Edit

bump

By Tenisghs (Tenisghs) on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 02:11 pm: Edit

In April, when everyone finds out what colleges they have been accepted, many will mail in their letters to deny enrollment. You will hear from Michigan soon.

I have already been admitted to Michigan (since December) but I'm waiting from other colleges on the April deadline.

By Mmdd (Mmdd) on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 08:53 pm: Edit

You were "deferred." So was I. I have a weighted 4.1/4.0 GPA, top 12.5% of my class, 1470 SAT, 33 ACT, 780 us history SAT II, 720 writing, 670 physics, all (5) AP classes sr. year (9 in total throughout hs), and tons of other stuff.

My counselor called them and they actually said they'd rather me get an A in an easier class than challenge myslef and get a B or B+ in an AP class. What bs!

I did get into a college with much harder admissions, so go figure.

Good luck anyway!

By Cornellian07 (Cornellian07) on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 08:55 pm: Edit

1470 is a pretty good ACT score, considering it's on a scale of 36.

By Mmdd (Mmdd) on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 08:57 pm: Edit

Whoops! I fixed it; I was thinking about something else and totally left out part of my thought.

By Jfmiii2 (Jfmiii2) on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 11:17 pm: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page