BU or UC-Santa Barbara?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: March 2003 Archive: BU or UC-Santa Barbara?
By Louisa (Louisa) on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 11:29 am: Edit

I was accepted to both BU and UCSB.. but I'm having real trouble deciding between those two.. They both have different pros and cons... I love the fact that BU is in BOSTON, and how it is in such close proximity with other colleges. but I prefer Cali's weather... also UCSB has a better price tag.. and then again, there are other factors of BU that appeals to me.. ughh... this is a real pain.... Where would YOU go if you were me? Please help~ useful comments would be appreciated...

By Thedad (Thedad) on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 02:41 pm: Edit

That's a toughie. I'm glad I don't have to choose.

UCSB is a wonderful place to go to school but it's a horrible place to have to study.

By Icee (Icee) on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 02:44 pm: Edit

I would go to BU :)

By Congocross (Congocross) on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 03:10 pm: Edit

Boston University because the city of Boston is my third favorite city in America (after NYC and LA). The academic is great at BU and it is definitely worth the extra money. UCSB is just not a good place for a student with your abilities.

By Jumbo (Jumbo) on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 07:04 pm: Edit

UCSB since BU is too expensive without much prestige. I disagree with congocross, it has a reputation of being a rich school with lackluster academics. I would save your money with SB, after all, it is prettier.

By Kayg (Kayg) on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 11:06 pm: Edit

I would go to BU. I don't think that you would get the full college experience at UCSB. I think that the pro's of BU are superior to the pro's of UCSB.

By Louisa (Louisa) on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 09:52 am: Edit

bump

By Icee (Icee) on Saturday, March 22, 2003 - 08:40 pm: Edit

Louisa...

Go to BU! It's a much better school and the location is far better than SB.

By Cagal (Cagal) on Sunday, March 23, 2003 - 05:55 am: Edit

just curiosity...how many people who said go to BU actually live on the east coast and how many who said UCSB live on the west coast?

Personally, UCSB is great: good programs, great location, nice weather.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page