Replacing an essay that has been sent already, possible?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: March 2003 Archive: Replacing an essay that has been sent already, possible?
By Hildegard (Hildegard) on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 11:16 pm: Edit

I just read in a thread that someone "replaced" an essay that had been already sent to a school. In other words, he sent an updated copy, if I understood well.

I was wondering if anyone has done that before? Let's say, I sent an essay to Harvard, and later sent that essay to Princeton, but I made changes and made it so much better.. and therfore, begin to feel unsatisfied with the copy I sent to Harvard, so I just call the admissions office and tell them that my essay has an error, so that I would like to fax a new copy.

Has anyone done that? Is that possible at all?

By Nocalguy (Nocalguy) on Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 11:17 pm: Edit

Isn't it a little late to be thinking about this stuff?

By Hildegard (Hildegard) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 10:54 am: Edit

bump

By Someguy035 (Someguy035) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 11:01 am: Edit

I would say that most Ivies aren't going to let you resend an essay. Especially this late in the game. Decisions, for the most part, are made.

By Quarky (Quarky) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 11:30 am: Edit

It's fine. I found two typographical errors in my essay to one school, so i resent it to my counselor and they got rid of the bad copy. It worked and I got accepted.

By Chenguo (Chenguo) on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 07:08 pm: Edit

I sent a replacement essay to the UC's. They received it and attached it to my application (at least that's what I was told...)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page