Berkeley phone call

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: March 2003 Archive: Berkeley phone call
By Jimmywrest (Jimmywrest) on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 05:32 pm: Edit

I received a phone call from the berkeley financial aid office as others on tthis board have. I was asked if Berkeley was my first vhoice school, and if I had any questions about the fafsa or calgrant. First of all, does anyone know any applicants to berkeley that DID NOT receive such phone calls? Second, and more embarassingly, I tossed out the slip of paper with the e-mail address I was given. Also, I believe there was a phone number. Could someone who has kept this information e-mail it to me? I would be very thankful.

By Subjecttochange (Subjecttochange) on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 08:14 pm: Edit

um, ••••? we were supposed to return that call?

the person left a message on my machine, and i just erased it.

By Crackcorn (Crackcorn) on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 08:24 pm: Edit

I also got the call on my message machine. I've tried to return it but only get a machine. Left message. They haven't called back. I guess that means I missed my chance. Oh well, there's always Stanford. ;>

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 08:29 pm: Edit

Jimmywrest -- are you a national merit finalist? The call you got sounds like the school might have been checking to see if you would accept a nm scholarship to berkeley.

I am sure that if you call financial aid, they would be able to give you the e-mail address again. And I am sure that all applicants do not get such calls-- only those in line for top merit scholarships.

They want to offer the scholarships to students who will accept them.

By Jimmywrest (Jimmywrest) on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 11:04 pm: Edit

I would like to check back on the call just to be safe. Yes, I am a nat'l merit finalist, so hopefully that was what the call was about. I'll take your advice, Nouthstarmom, and call the financial aid office.

By Proudtobemom (Proudtobemom) on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 11:45 am: Edit

Our son got the same phone call and he was *not* a National Merit kid. Perhaps it's truly a "friendly" call? Whatever that is!

By 2132 (2132) on Monday, March 17, 2003 - 09:19 pm: Edit

I got an email and phone call. I am not NM either. Also recieved follow up email saying tha I was allotted full tuition and living expenses scholarship if accepted.
I was hoping this meant I was getting in :(

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page