I was rejected @ BCC

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: March 2003 Archive: I was rejected @ BCC
By Blan (Blan) on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 04:29 pm: Edit

Hey guys, I just got word from BCC (Bronx Community College) that they rejected me! I don't think I know what I will do now. BCC was my dream school. I've always wanted to go there. I hear it's one of the best colleges in the East Coast. Now I am very disappointed and I don't know if I can take it anymore. What should I do? BCC was the only college I applied to. I'm so scared.
Here are my stats:
600 SAT: 300 Math 300 Verbal
65 GPA throughout the whole four years of high school
No extracurricular activities
Can someone tell me what went wrong here? Please post.

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 04:30 pm: Edit

By Incognito (Incognito) on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 04:33 pm: Edit

Looks like you're off to Yukon Community Kollege now. I guess that BCC's standards are too high...

...But wait!! When I applied to BCC, they told me that they're standard was below a 65. The reason is that the New York State school system brought their standards down to a 55. You should have been accepted. I am expecting a letter from them soon, and my GPA was also a 65. Does this mean I'll be seing you at YCK?

By Mzinn (Mzinn) on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 05:45 pm: Edit

No dude... it's just that you're overqualified. BCC thought you wouldn't go even if you got in. Now they can brag that they rejected a student with a 600 SAT. APPEAL!

By Nocalguy (Nocalguy) on Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 06:46 pm: Edit

Maybe it was your essay :)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page