What do you think?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: March 2003 Archive: What do you think?
By Crammer (Crammer) on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 - 07:25 pm: Edit

A friend of mine was recently kicked out of his private school for taking the SAT IIs for a friend of his. He had been accepted ED to Princeton. He told Princeton everything that happened. I was wondering what people think Princeton Admission did, and what you think they should have done?

By Kelly_Johnson (Kelly_Johnson) on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 - 07:28 pm: Edit

They should have left him out in the cold. He is a dirty cheater. People like that do not have enough integrity to go to Georgia Tech. Please tell me that is what they did.

By Tim (Tim) on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 - 07:44 pm: Edit

They should have thrown the bum out. But, colleges being in general a bunch of liberal softies, if he had a good sob story I would say they might have let him stay.

Tim

By Mikus (Mikus) on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 - 07:55 pm: Edit

Throw him out. But if his scores are high enough, I bet they let him stay =P

By Kalitiha (Kalitiha) on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 12:21 pm: Edit

Well, it seems like that would be an honor violation and they would throw him out. But, by the tone of your post, it seems like maybe they didn't throw him out.

By Drusba (Drusba) on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 02:37 pm: Edit

OK, so what is the the actual answer? I do not see how they can do anything but revoke his acceptance, including because he has been kicked out of school and therefore might not get a high school degree in time to even qualify for starting at college.

By Nyugrad (Nyugrad) on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 03:07 pm: Edit

with the ethics that this person has, how does Princeton know that HE didn't have people taking tests for him??? Maybe that is why his grades were good enough for the elusive Princeton ED?

By Asdf (Asdf) on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 04:29 pm: Edit

Princton would throw that idiot out of their school.

By Supernova (Supernova) on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 06:17 pm: Edit

people are so quick to judge...

i'm not condoning his actions...but still... i guess what he did was wrong but if he's truly intelligent and realizes he made a mistake... people make mistakes.... unless he has done this before i think it can be forgiven... idk bout princeton... but as a person i can...

By Crammer (Crammer) on Friday, March 14, 2003 - 02:56 pm: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page