How serious are they, really?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: March 2003 Archive: How serious are they, really?
By Creatorcat (Creatorcat) on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 - 04:22 pm: Edit

Ok, each and every admission letter I got said something like "yeah, all this "you're in" stuff is only valid if you keep up your academic success so that we see it on the final report..."

given that I won a couple of merit scholarships, would it hurt if my GPA falls a bit from 4.0 by the end of schoolyear?
not like, to 3.7 but still not quite 4.0

do they really care?
or is it more like, I'd have to fail a couple of courses and be convicted, and then they'll draw back the offer?

i'm just wondering how strict they are when it comes to this

By Aznvip (Aznvip) on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 - 04:55 pm: Edit

Yeah. I was wondering the same thing. I got my first D and C this year...hehe. I have a 4.2, but after this semester it'll probably go down to a 3.8 or 3.9...

By Mikus (Mikus) on Wednesday, March 12, 2003 - 07:56 pm: Edit

I think it depends on what school it is; I've heard of them phoning students for anything less than a C though.

By Aznvip (Aznvip) on Thursday, March 13, 2003 - 01:45 am: Edit

What school did you hear do that?

By Josh (Josh) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 12:50 am: Edit

They're actually serious. At least I know UNC Chapel Hill is. A couple of kids from my school who got in last year had their decisions reversed once senior grades were given. But it specifically says in the acceptance letters that they will only uphold your acceptance if your grades do not drop dramatically. Sucks for them, they shouldn't have slacked off!

By Topcat (Topcat) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 01:07 am: Edit

I know someone whose acceptance to Michigan State was pulled after a bad semester.

By Aznvip (Aznvip) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 09:36 am: Edit

How BAD was the "bad" semester?

By Aznvip (Aznvip) on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 09:42 am: Edit

If colleges can really rescind your admission. Then how will one get into another school if you've already committed? Most High schools graduate in May and June, and the college will probably see the transcript sometime after that. I don't think they'll pull out someone who did "bad" in that semester, but if they failed horribly, then that's another issue...what do you guys think?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page